Sat Nav and Speed Camera's

terrybailey

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
MG5 Sat Nav I have tried to get it to recognize Speed Camera's. I have set all the items I can see in the setup of sat nav but still does not see camera's
What am I doing wrong or does it just not work?
will be thankfull of any info thanks in anticipation
Kind Regards
Terry Bailey

MG5 Sat Nav I have tried to get it to recognize Speed Camera's. I have set all the items I can see in the setup of sat nav but still does not see camera's
What am I doing wrong or does it just not work?
will be thankfull of any info thanks in anticipation
Kind Regards
Terry Bailey
Pretty sure it doesn't flag up speed cameras.

I use Waze over wireless Android Auto and that does ...

To get around this in the ZS, if you want to err on the safe side, you can get the satnav to give a verbal warning when it detects you're over the speed limit (assume it uses map data). If you put this setting on, all you have to do for each drive is open up the satnav, then close it, and you'll get the verbal warning. It can get annoying though ;)

To get around this in the ZS, if you want to err on the safe side, you can get the satnav to give a verbal warning when it detects you're over the speed limit (assume it uses map data). If you put this setting on, all you have to do for each drive is open up the satnav, then close it, and you'll get the verbal warning. It can get annoying though ;)
Yes, I discovered that you can do this in the MG5 as well. It's great for people like me who tend to drive as safely as possible by spending as much time as possible looking at the road and perhaps less time looking for speed limit signs. In the MG5 case it only warns you once, I have found. If you continue to speed, you're on your own!

Pretty sure it doesn't flag up speed cameras.

I use Waze over wireless Android Auto and that does ...
Hi yes I have tried Android auto what version of android do you have and what phone. It should be great to Android auto I have samsung galaxy S*+ with Version 9

Hi yes I have tried Android auto what version of android do you have and what phone. It should be great to Android auto I have samsung galaxy S*+ with Version 9
I have exactly what you have ie Samsung galaxy8 + with android version 9
What sequence do you use to connect?

Kind Regards
Terry Bailey

I’ve been in touch with MG UK (twice with NO answer). My two nearest MG dealerships say it should work(we know that) but it does not and WILL NOT.

One dealership said, it’s not that good anyway because there are no ’real’ live traffic updates, I suggest you use an app from your phone.

Speed cameras and mobile cameras works very well with Google maps via Android Auto...

They come up with a yellow oblong box saying speed camera ahead, on my ZS connect. Just wish I could get rid of the school zone announcements saying School zone as I have 5 schools near me🤬🤬🤬🤬

Tomtom app on Samsung note 9 works well. £12 year subscription, but you get offline maps and the speed camera warning pings even when you're not following a route. Which i think Google maps doesn't.
Nice touch you get a higher pitch tone when speeding to not.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom