SATNAV .... alternative route options.

ALANB

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
As far as I know the SATNAV does not have live traffic information. But on that basis what triggers it to offer alternative routes whilst you are driving? As we all know instructions on it's use are somewhat limited in the manual and resorting to pressing buttons seems to generate all sorts of options and displays, so perhaps there is some sort of link.

Would use android auto or Apple carplay, with an app like Waze as it gives you detail about live traffic and other hazards also. Much better and up to date maps

I do a regular trip here in Wales. Sometimes the Satnav wants me to take an alternative route, sometimes not. Unsure what it knows that I don't...:)

Traffic update data over the radio? That's a total guess.
Could be but I doubt you get that level of detail. It is somewhat similar to Tom Tom which used to get over the air traffic updates.... I wonder if its picking that up but who knows?

I didn't know it offered re-routing, I thought alternative routes was just an option when you were putting a route in.

Sygic sat nav app.
All downloaded upon install and uses gps.
You can allow data if you want but no need.

It also has ev mode- car model, mileage chargers etc
Also available is Navmii, also has mapping in- phone. Big difference is that Navmii is free.

On board satnav did me proud today, with a twisty turny route to a village on the moors north west of Sheffield avoiding roadworks through the city itself

I'd like a way of permanently excluding specific roads from routing calcs. There's too many single track roads round here and Norfolk is home to some bleeding enormous tractors.

I'd like a way of permanently excluding specific roads from routing calcs. There's too many single track roads round here and Norfolk is home to some bleeding enormous tractors.
Yes, or the totally pointless NDR where you can drive 5 miles further at 70mph to arrive at the same time. I'd love to be able to tell it to never use the NDR under any circumstances.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom