Self propelled MG5LR

All good and you will feel you 5 revers quicker then forwards untill you apply the go pedle 😁👍

I've driven automatics for a few years now and have never ever noticed anyone behind getting stroppy about me being stopped, with or without my foot on the brake. I suppose a car with really REALLY bright brake lights might irritate a little, although I also imagine maybe if someone has some kind of eye disorder (inbound cataracts maybe?) it could bother them more.

Much better to use the handbrake at junctions or traffic lights than either sitting with your foot on the brake or turning the "gear selector" to Park in which case you need to dab the footbrake in order to select drive. In either case you will be an annoyance to the driver behind you, though I appreciate not many seem to care about that. Having said that, I will keep my foot on the brake if there is no-one behind to make it clearer to anyone approaching from behind that I am stopped.
Using Autohold applies the handbrake as soon as you come to a standstill without any fiddling about with levers/switches/buttons. Apply throttle to move away again with out having to fiddle with anything.
Downside is that it does illuminate the brake lights while on hold but this is not a problem during daylight hours to the vehicle behind.

I've driven automatics for a few years now and have never ever noticed anyone behind getting stroppy about me being stopped, with or without my foot on the brake. I suppose a car with really REALLY bright brake lights might irritate a little, although I also imagine maybe if someone has some kind of eye disorder (inbound cataracts maybe?) it could bother them more.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Not sure how you'd notice someone "getting stroppy" ? It's all part of being considerate towards other road users.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom