• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Sensation under left foot (RHD only)

D

Deleted member 2439

Is it just me, but is anyone else aware of the sensation of something moving under their left foot whilst manoeuvring, I.e parking etc after moving the selector between R & D? I’ve noticed it a couple of times now, but it’s not consistent. My left foot is firmly on the floor next to the centre console & it feels like something is moving under the carpet/floor?

Any ideas?

I’ve not experienced this but I tend to rest my foot on the dead pedal. Sounds scary..😱

Is it just me, but is anyone else aware of the sensation of something moving under their left foot whilst manoeuvring, I.e parking etc after moving the selector between R & D? I’ve noticed it a couple of times now, but it’s not consistent. My left foot is firmly on the floor next to the centre console & it feels like something is moving under the carpet/floor?

Any ideas?
Ok, it’s more of a creaking than an actual movement as such

I’m not sure what is under there. When you select P, D or R you can normal here something engaging and of course if the parking brake is applied this also releases when you move off. I’ve personal not felt or heard anything under the floor where my feet are though.

Any ideas?
I've not noticed myself but i will look for it next time

Bingo. The sh**e quality mat supplied by the dealer had moved forward and was resting on the joint. The movement was the lock to lock rotation of the joint hitting the mat. Sorted & proper mats now back on the agenda 👍

Any ideas?
Yes I came looking on the forum to see whether anybody else had that issue. I get exactly the same at low speed maneuvering or slow cornering
I’m not sure what is under there. When you select P, D or R you can normal here something engaging and of course if the parking brake is applied this also releases when you move off. I’ve personal not felt or heard anything under the floor where my feet are though.
Happens whether going forwards or backwards.
You just beat me to it!!!

That's exactly what it's likely to be and it will be rubbing against the car mat
I'll double check on mine, but if feels more mechanical than rubbing on a mat.
Bingo. The sh**e quality mat supplied by the dealer had moved forward and was resting on the joint. The movement was the lock to lock rotation of the joint hitting the mat. Sorted & proper mats now back on the agenda 👍
OK will definitely try this...

Still hopeful that we might find a creature living there.

What type of mats were supplier by your dealer?

My dealer supplied mats are locked into place by some plastic clips and can't see how my mats could move to cause the issues described.

Photo is the passenger footwell but drivers side is the same.

PXL_20201024_143913578.jpg

Yes I came looking on the forum to see whether anybody else had that issue. I get exactly the same at low speed maneuvering or slow cornering

Happens whether going forwards or backwards.

I'll double check on mine, but if feels more mechanical than rubbing on a mat.

OK will definitely try this...
Yup moving the mat seems to have solved the problem
🙈

Just started feeling this on my MG ZS this week for the first time. I've had the vehicle for more than a year now and it's never happened before.

Tried moving the mat but it makes no difference. Does anyone have any idea why would this suddenly start happening after more than a year?

Is this indicative of a more serious problem and do I need to get it looked at?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom