Service book and charging port cover

teejayuu

Standard Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hello all,

Bought my Trophy a couple of months ago. Have a few issues that have been covered in other threads so will not list them here and go over old ground, but I have a couple of questions:
  1. I don't seem to have a service book. Is this normal?
  2. Should there be a cover for the main charging port? There is one attached for the bottom (2 pin) socket. Just a bit worried about getting water in it.
    1688915189338.jpeg
Thanks

Hi,
1 no service book as it is held digitally.
2 the door flap should seal the type2 socket.
Looks like you have L2 and L3 pins populated for 11kW 3 phase charging if you have a 3 phase cable.

Hello all,

Bought my Trophy a couple of months ago. Have a few issues that have been covered in other threads so will not list them here and go over old ground, but I have a couple of questions:
  1. I don't seem to have a service book. Is this normal?
  2. Should there be a cover for the main charging port? There is one attached for the bottom (2 pin) socket. Just a bit worried about getting water in it.View attachment 18872
Thanks
Service book, everything done on line now so no physical book.

There is no bung for the top part of the charging port. That’s how they come.

If you want a paper manual, see this thread. However, if you mean what used to be called the "log book" recording servicing and so on, I haven't seen one of these in 15 years.

Digital service book is interesting. When I had an S Class Mercedes I had it serviced at an approved independent Mercedes indie garage who had access to the online service book for the car.
However, with MG, are we bound to the MG dealer (in my case 'Volvo' dealer), or are there independent dealers out there with that level of access ? ...

Answering my own question, it appears there are: Hevra Independent EV Garage Finder

If you want a paper manual, see this thread. However, if you mean what used to be called the "log book" recording servicing and so on, I haven't seen one of these in 15 years.

Thanks @Rolfe. Managed to find the printed manuals. Had a 'log book' with my 2017 (from new) Honda Civic.

If the manuals are online how do new owners get confirmation of 'full service history'

Thanks @Rolfe. Managed to find the printed manuals. Had a 'log book' with my 2017 (from new) Honda Civic.

If the manuals are online how do new owners get confirmation of 'full service history'
You keep the service paperwork, the new owner takes that paperwork, then just takes the car with proof of ownership (log book from DVLA) in and the garage updates the online records at next service

The DSR seems crazy to me, what is the point if only the dealers can see it, all other makers give you access through their app, we are just back to keeping the paperwork. Why MG make such a thing about it, I don’t understand.
Yep, as per the Hyundai I leased recently to see how I fared with an EV. You take it in for a service, they supply you with a printed service record and keep their online servicing DB up to date for your car.
Not had a service via MG yet, but suspect it will be the same all things considered.

I always had my VW serviced by my local garage. The only time it saw the inside of the dealer's facilities after the day I drove off in it was when it needed a new engine under warranty! I didn't really make a point of keeping the paperwork because I knew it was all on the garage's computer and I could get copies if needed. In fact I kept the car for its entire life so I didn't need copies, but it was all there. (I'm not saying I threw the paperwork out, but let's say it wasn't all neatly filed and it would have taken some finding - it would have been easier just to get the garage to supply the records, as they did to VW when the warranty work was needed.)

However, if you are selling a car privately after a few years or so, your potential buyer would be very interested in seeing the cars history being evidenced (servicing records and bills) as part of the viewing to make an informed buying decision.

You can access the manuals and a service book via the app. Select top left 3 bars, then My Profile - Manual - Service Portfolio. This is for a ZS, assuming MG4 is the same. I am not sure if it is updated with the service history, perhaps someone who has had their car serviced could kindly confirm?

You can access the manuals and a service book via the app. Select top left 3 bars, then My Profile - Manual - Service Portfolio. This is for a ZS, assuming MG4 is the same. I am not sure if it is updated with the service history, perhaps someone who has had their car serviced could kindly confirm?

Had a look and can’t see any service tap in the app

Attachments

• IMG_5668.png
    IMG_5668.png
    288.7 KB · Views: 78
I have always been able to get the garage to print off the service record for my last few cars without problems.

I don't think giving the new owner copies of the bills is as common any more due to privacy / identity concerns.
Well, when I gave back my leased Hyundai in May this year, they wanted associated documentation including service records and any bills. This was the collecting 'team' who inspected the car, updated their records and took it away. I supplied two years worth of servicing paperwork.
So I guess this is going to all be dependant on the car you have and the app / mechanisms available to you as an owner.

Not updated just a blank serviced portfolio, no service history in the app

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 523 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel