• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Service plan £6 / month

I seen this yesterday just paid my first instalment to my 4 year plan at £15 might be worth cancelling and rebooking

I too was quoted £15 - I turned it down as it worked out more than pay as you go! Is this available from MG now does anyone know?

I’ve seen this posted 3 times now across various forums and the MG Car Club web site, however despite trying to verify it I have been unable to which makes me feel it’s not true. The best I have been able to get is £12pm for 3 year low mileage service plan.

If anyone actually has the £6pm deal let us know otherwise I think this is fake news!

I’m sorry, I just don’t understand service plans that work out more expensive than paying as you go - surely it should be about economics and savings? I could maybe understand it if the servicing involved a big outlay - but a service is really cheap on an EV - they really don’t need much doing at all 🙂

I went with service plan to make sure no wriggle room out of 7 year warranty as im keeping car long term for sure at least for the full 7 years

I got a 4 yr service plan for a 1 off payment of £548 which works out at £11.40 a month. It includes full AA cover so I think thats ok.

I got a 4 yr service plan for a 1 off payment of £548 which works out at £11.40 a month. It includes full AA cover so I think thats ok.
That a good price as mine works out at £732 for the 4 services

I don't like the idea of pre-paying for anything in the current financial climate. I don't trust any organisation not to go bust.

I have done 12 months only with 10,000 miles (lower than their 15,000 allowed miles) and pay under £42. Less than £3.50 per month.

For the second and third years they want about £110 for each. Which is just over £6 and then £7 per month respectively. It will be more costly if you do more than 10,000miles per annum.

This may well be a tactic to get people to do less miles. And so less warranty repairs likely later on.

As it's not clear how long I will keep the car, I just went with the 12months. I think I will likely upgrade to a bigger battery range 8n the next 1-2 years.

Why does it make any difference if you do 10k or 15k miles a year to the service cost as the car needs a service every year or 15k miles anyway?

I don't like the idea of pre-paying for anything in the current financial climate. I don't trust any with this organisation not to go bust.
Evans Halshaw the Vauxhall dealer by where I live has closed down with out notice, cars removed and property for sale sign appeared overnight. Both my elderly neighbours have service contracts at this garage, Vauxhall and Evans Halshaw don't want to know them. Buyer Beware in this day and age!

Just taken out a 4 year low mileage (under 10,000 pa) service plan with MG East London.

1st Service was free after my recent BMS update (normally £27)
2nd service £98.18
3rd service £98.18
4th service £63

1 x £7.12
44 × £6.96

Total 4 year plan £313.36

I’ve seen this posted 3 times now across various forums and the MG Car Club web site, however despite trying to verify it I have been unable to which makes me feel it’s not true. The best I have been able to get is £12pm for 3 year low mileage service plan.

If anyone actually has the £6pm deal let us know otherwise I think this is fake news!
Just taken out a 4 year low mileage (under 10,000 pa) service plan with MG East London.

1st Service was free after my recent BMS update (normally £27)
2nd service £98.18
3rd service £98.18
4th service £63

1 x £7.12
44 × £6.96

Total 4 year plan £313.36

does anyone know the difference between a 10k and a 15k service plan? According to MG the regular service interval is 15k or 12 Months. are the service operations for a 10k plan different? i can’t see why they should be. There doesn’t seem very much to do anyway on the service. What do you get for a 15k plan that you don’t get on a 10k plan which seems much cheaper. Has the 10k plan only just become available? I guess those of you who’ve taken a 10k plan will know this and put me right.

Thank you. I see now. The main difference is brake fluid and coolant changes are stretched out. I didn’t know that this had now been introduced.

As this was introduced in Jan 2021 - I assume if you’re on a 15k plan and don’t do the mileage then the cost will be refunded as the work won’t be needed 🙂

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom