Servicing intervals and costs

a1970man

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Just waiting for the car to turn up in a couple of weeks but I was wondering what the service interval was and from the more experienced owners, what sort of cost is it.

I plan on using MG to keep the warranty happy and to take advantage of free breakdown cover with each annual service.

thanks

Download the manual should have all the info you need

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in Thailand the service interval is six months - I assume due to the petrol engine. The deal I got was completely free servicing for 5 years. I have had one service so far and it cost nothing - they washed the car inside and out and left the car on a charger. I was able to monitor the state of charge on the app on my phone and when it had enough charge to get home I got a lift down to pick the car up.

UK service intervals are every year or 15,000 miles, whichever first. There are now appear to be 2 types of service. One is the standard service and the other low mileage service where you do less than 10k or something like that.

The costs of service at every dealer is different. The HS service tends to be a small service in odd number years and bigger service in even number years. Year 4 is a big service. Small service price ranges from £200-230. And the big service is £330-380. Year 4 service is heading towards £500. Best ring up your dealer for the correct price.

Interesting how in the uk spark plugs need to be replaced after 3 years but in Israel after 2 years. I asked the local dealer why, never got a real answer. Looks like every country tries to rip us off as much as is accepted in that country. Most of the time the car is in ev looks like they could probably last for 5 years.

My 2 year old HS PHEV with just over 6k is due its service early April, supplying dealer said the cost was about £320 (I forgot to right it down) for a low mileage service.
My dad used to get the service list and carefully mark all the parts that should be replaced. Surprise surprise, he often questioned the bill for parts that were not actually replaced but were not, he reckoned it was the best part of the service, making the garage squirm!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom