Shell New Motion Charger At Aldi .

We have a new Aldi (refurbed Waitrose) opening in Caldicot near Chepstow next week. Will investigate to see if there will be EV charging there.

At my local BP they installed 2 150kW bp Pulse Rapid chargers and 2 Type 2 posts but they have had covers over them for 2 months and are shown on some charger finder Apps but not others although on the bp Pulse app they're shown as not working. I am waiting for them to open as they'll be very handy for visitors to know they can top up before leaving without too long a delay.

I have charged at a local Aldi with a Pod point charger a many times with no problem .a few months ago a new Aldi opened a stones throw from me with the new motion chargers .over the last few months i have tried many many times to charge ,but always unsuccesfull. at the original aldi i use an app and blue is not charging and green is charging ,easy.... With the newmotion it goes green when i plug it in then blue when i lock the car and i figured it is just not compatible . I have tried my shell rfid card which beeps ,but doesn't seem to do anything . Today i wondered if it is charging when blue so i plugged it in to see ,but the light went flashing red 'not working' .. maybe one day it will work
Bloody hell , new Aldi opening near us 2nd Sept , hope they work, and are free , will keep you posted on outcome

Better get your mortgage application in right now :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: !.
And there's me thinking that "Dick Turpin" was dead ?.
NO - Still going at it, by robbing people on the highway.
At least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask when he robbed people.

The Aldi in Southend at Priory Crescent has these public chargers for customers. I believe they are 22kw but our MG is limited to 7kw charge (6.8)

I found they did not work when first installed. I phoned the New Motion number on display on label on unit. I plugged in my type 2 cable and they activated the unit when I gave them the serial number of the post. It started charging and has worked ever since.

Plug in and free charge. No App or card needed.

The Aldi in Southend at Priory Crescent has these public chargers for customers. I believe they are 22kw but our MG is limited to 7kw charge (6.8)

I found they did not work when first installed. I phoned the New Motion number on display on label on unit. I plugged in my type 2 cable and they activated the unit when I gave them the serial number of the post. It started charging and has worked ever since.

Plug in and free charge. No App or card needed.
What colour is the light when it is charging ... Green or blue ?

Hi - There is a new Aldi store opened close by, that only opened this week.
It has four well marked, dedicated EV bays feed by two Shell New Motion units.
7 kw I would hazard a guess ?.
Not much information on how to use them ?.
I have scanned the QR code on the side and it comes up with the following info, that suggests that it is NOT for public use ?.
Maybe it is not fully commissioned yet ?.
I will try and include the photos.
Has anybody got any experience of using thee units and are they RFID / contactless units.
If they are not free, then this beat the object really because Tesco next door, has free vend Pod point units !.
Hello
I use my local shell garage sometime to charge, on my first time had problems getting charger to work. I call customer service and they where very helpful and got me going and sent a report on the plug to have it checked out.

It is amber and when you plug in it turns green and then goes blue when it starts charging
Cheers for that info .it has helped me a lot . I had a look at the instructions the other day 'although it is currently not working' and that is what i thought was the case .

The very new one's I checked out at a brand new Aldi store last week, had NO lights displayed at all on the unit.
I will try and swing by again this week, to see if anything has changed.

the electric highway chargers I looked at seemed to have a simple visual reference light strip at the top of the charger - if red - out of service - green - available - blue - charging. Seems nice and easy to see as you pull up and use.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom