Shorter aerials

I fitted one that looked identical to the pictures, and at first everything worked fine, however after a month or so, the grandkids started complaining that they didn't have wifi. On investigation, the hotspot (Trophy Connect) was not getting signal in nearly as many areas. I'm only guessing but I would guess the same is true of the built in SIM, on the assumption the car only has one SIM in it.

Plus side was no stupid youtube videos played and causing commotion in the back :)

My solution was to fit this sharks fin aerial kit that I got from Amazon. Had to make a couple of adjustments to make it fit properly but it's been there since Christmas and has had no detrimental effect on the radios performance either DAB or FM.

20230517_204257.jpg

Attachments

• 20230517_204306.jpg
    20230517_204306.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 39
W
My solution was to fit this sharks fin aerial kit that I got from Amazon. Had to make a couple of adjustments to make it fit properly but it's been there since Christmas and has had no detrimental effect on the radios performance either DAB or FM.

View attachment 17583
Which one?

I should read all the replies. But it appears that we are all guessing, perhaps a dealership could reply?
I tried that, but clueless & non-committal ... I also did specifically ask about itts exact functions & why the change from the Mk1.

"... I can not confirm if the aftermarket antenna works as MG have not tested the aftermarket product. We recommend using the original antenna that is fitted to the vehicle."

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom