Should we be worried? 🤔

is it possible to tell the batch date from the vin number?

LSJWH4093PN038834

Last edited:
Please edit your post to mask the last 5 digits (serial number) ... I'm not sure of any specific risk but this is usually advised.

P = 2023, which means it was built late 2022 or early 2023. The actual build date will be on the certificate of conformance which should be in the glovebox.

Please edit your post to mask the last 5 digits (serial number) ... I'm not sure of any specific risk but this is usually advised.

P = 2023, which means it was built late 2022 or early 2023. The actual build date will be on the certificate of conformance which should be in the glovebox.
The risk is that it is relatively easy to find out your name and address from the VIN, so it can contribute to identity theft.

Seems our cars are virtually twins! Same colour, built a day apart but with 2000 difference between vins.
Interesting. I wonder in what part of the manufacturing process the VIN is allocated?

The VIN could be allocated when the order is received and processed irrespective of the specification so the VIN will be in order number not build number.

If you search on vin numbers it will explain what everything means

Interesting. I wonder in what part of the manufacturing process the VIN is allocated?

The VIN could be allocated when the order is received and processed irrespective of the specification so the VIN will be in order number not build number.
Mine was ordered Nov 19th.

Yours?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 496 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums