• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Show off your car on collection day thread?

Just picked mine up this morning. Only ordered 23rd March. Was told July then got called last week to say it was ready.

In regards ceramic coating. It is very good. But expensive to get done properly. An alternative is to add in a product called purity x at the end of your washing process (best used with a pressure washer) have a Google. It adds a little layer of ceramic at end of the wash to give you a similar sheeting effect and make next wash easier but doesn't offer the longevity of a proper ceramic coating

View attachment 8249View attachment 8249
6 weeks from order to pick up?! 😲

I was extremely shocked but didn't want to miss out so I now have a ice car parked up till it sells

Just arrived an hour ago! 😁 😁 😁
IMG_20220506_100424.jpg
IMG_20220506_102816.jpg

Love the blue. I thought about ordering that colour but they couldn't show me anything other than several photos which all looked different

Love the blue. I thought about ordering that colour but they couldn't show me anything other than several photos which all looked different
It's quite bizzare, it's no wonder it looks different in photos, it looks different in real life depending on the angle and the light.
Every time you come out to it, you have a different car! 😁 😁

I played it safe not being able to see it and went for silver. Health to drive. I tried mg pilot today and it seemed to make a bee line for the kerb. Didn't trust it for very long

Lots to learn. I had my kids watching me figure out how to plug it into a charger at the shops.

I played it safe not being able to see it and went for silver. Health to drive. I tried mg pilot today and it seemed to make a bee line for the kerb. Didn't trust it for very long
Did you actually activate Pilot, or just ACC ?

Thought it would be nice to have a thread everyone can show off their cars after collecting as a few of us are lucky enough to be picking up orders. So show us your cars....

Triggered of course because I was lucky enough to pick up my LR yesterday!
First new car I've ever had, everything seems to just work and no hassle. Mg crawley (Tom) doing a great job.
I went for blue as I had a series of black, grey and red cars so wanted something different for a change!
Got mine 16th March

Attachments

• 20220316_161627.jpg
    20220316_161627.jpg
    617.3 KB · Views: 113
Actually activated pilot. Not sure it's my cup of tea. Tried it again today on motorway and felt better but still not my thing
I'm not overly keen on Pilot either, but do love ACC. If I have to keep my hands on the wheel I would rather do the steering myself, I've had considerable practice at that.
I find Pilot odd moving the steering wheel about while I hold it, I either don't hold it firmly enough and get warnings or hold it firmly and end up fighting it. :)

tbh I think they're 70% (I let the great chaps @ Window Tinting Service Milton Keynes | X Graphics choose the best for the car), they (as all decent tint fitters should) won't do the fronts as they're already factory tinted. £200 and was a couple of hours and worth the money!
There is no factory tint on any of the glass in the 5 or ZS (Gen1), the Global Tints person that did mine was aware of this as he had some several. This is documented in many other threads for the 5 and the ZS.

e.g.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom