Show us yours

G has eventually had a proper wash and Meguiars Wax.

IMG_20230609_141547.jpg

IMG_20230609_141418.jpg

IMG_20230609_141127.jpg

97EE76F5-550B-4EF7-B207-C4A6865EE6A2.jpeg

Ordered on 22nd November through Tusker, Black Trophy finally delivered today. Waited in until 11 when I called the dealer for an ETA, they ‘called the driver’ and came back with between 14:00 & 15:00. Get a call from the driver just before 15:00 saying he hadn’t been told about the delivery until just then and would be with me by 18:00ish.

Annoying, I had a day of fiddling planned, but I guess I’ve waited 5.5 months, a few more hours won’t kill me.

Car comes, bit of a scoop underneath, but otherwise seems fine, get the car seats in and go collect the kids. They, and I, are suitably impressed. Smooth, fast, gorgeous.

Pull up in the drive and immediately get divebombed by a flock of diarrhoeic seagulls (or some form of winged demon).

Good luck omen? 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Here’s mine. I won’t be cleaning it just yet as in a couple of weeks it is going to the detailer to be PPF wrapped on the main areas and full ceramic coating
I'd suggest door handles and insets get the PPF wrapping if that's not already in your included list of main areas.

They are particularly soft paint, I've already got a small paint divot where someone's car door has pressed into my handle 🫤 and can see the hand inset becoming scratched.

I'd suggest door handles and insets get the PPF wrapping if that's not already in your included list of main areas.

They are particularly soft paint, I've already got a small paint divot where someone's car door has pressed into my handle 🫤 and can see the hand inset becoming scratched.
I’ll check. I was hoping to have it full PPF but where I am taking it they can’t get hold of a full template so I have gone with what they call a silver package which wraps the main areas plus ceramic coating as well as protection for the wheels and interior.

I’ll check. I was hoping to have it full PPF but where I am taking it they can’t get hold of a full template so I have gone with what they call a silver package which wraps the main areas plus ceramic coating as well as protection for the wheels and interior.
I may even consider having mein handles wrapped in black gloss or a paint matched wrap if it exists, if anything just to protect them.

I do wish we had flush handles like the Tesla, but then I suppose the doors would be just as likely be the next victim anyway.

I may even consider having mein handles wrapped in black gloss or a paint matched wrap if it exists, if anything just to protect them.

I do wish we had flush handles like the Tesla, but then I suppose the doors would be just as likely be the next victim anyway.
The PPF wrap I have seen done on YouTube has only been in transparent so I am not sure if you can get it in different colours. I think it’s more about protecting what is currently there. I am aware some people have been saying about black roofs being a wrap so I suppose if that’s the case it might be possible.

The PPF wrap I have seen done on YouTube has only been in transparent so I am not sure if you can get it in different colours. I think it’s more about protecting what is currently there. I am aware some people have been saying about black roofs being a wrap so I suppose if that’s the case it might be possible.
As far as I'm aware getting PPF or a wrap, are two different things, as one is a clear cover over existing colour (ppf), a wrap is usually a different colour.

As far as I'm aware getting PPF or a wrap, are two different things, as one is a clear cover over existing colour (ppf), a wrap is usually a different colour.
Apologies if I have been using the wrong terminology. I am having PPF protection done and ceramic coating as well as wheel, glass and interior protection. Hopefully that’s better lol

Personal preference but I think the grill strips just on one side would look more sporty.
Yeah i get that and toyed with it. Like the symmetry for now but easy enough to move i expect if i change my mind. Tbh its partly as i bought 2 packs of 3 strips as i didn't want red. Initially thought id just use 3 blues but actually painted the red ones and thought in for a penny!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back