So the New ZS EV 2022 summed up in 12 miles

I understand and agree with all of that, but mine failed after it charged correctly, all comms were fine to allow it to charge. Its only when I stopped the charge using the Bonnet app did the car throw up the errors. So if we can identify the commonality between all the individual failures, be that the process that was used to start and stop the charge, the type or make of charger, the SOC it failed at etc, only then can we start to home in on what needs to be fixed or a process that needs to be changed.
Mine was trying to start the charge, however was also using the bonnet app to charge, so that’s a common factor

Mine was trying to start the charge, however was also using the bonnet app to charge, so that’s a common factor
The small number of times I have used a Rapid Charger I used the charger itself to start the charge. The BP Pulse I used an RFID card. The MFG and GridServe I used my debit card.

I do have Bonnet on my phone, but never used it.

Hi @MichaelJHunt can you clarify :- "Power it up while it is charging".
Are we talking fully booting up, into the READY drive mode, with your foot applying pressure to the brake pedal.
Or - Booting up only into "STANDBY" mode ( no pressure applied to the foot brake ).

You have to turn it on with your foot on the brake or you can't access the battery menu.

Unless I'm being special. It what I've been doing with no ill effects anyway.

Not sure if it had been mentioned, but what long range did this happen on? Reason I ask is, I have the trophy. I was more than a little nervous as I had a 6 hour trip on Easter Monday and having read all the rapid charge disasters. Used Instavolt 4 times and it was absolutely seamless. I have noticed the trophy connects seem to be having more issues in general (I have had the car for a month and have had nothing to worry about). I was wondering if the model is the common issue? That said, low 12V makes sense. Especially if the cars have been sitting waiting for the right chips to arrive.
Just the normal Trophy LR

Hi @MichaelJHunt can you clarify :- "Power it up while it is charging".
Are we talking fully booting up, into the READY drive mode, with your foot applying pressure to the brake pedal.
Or - Booting up only into "STANDBY" mode ( no pressure applied to the foot brake ).
I am a rare visitor to rapid units, but the last time I used one on our previous ZS EV - I stopped the charging process on the screen of the Polar rapid, paused then removed the CCS plug.
No App of course on the original ZS EV of course.

Thanks !.
Either foot on brake and one press of the start button, or foot off brake and two pushes of the start buttoon.

Think I have tried both.

Having had issues before with 12V batteries in EVs, they have to be looked after.

I have the Trophy Connect and driven for about 4,500 miles now. Not a single issue.

I have test charged it on Rapids about 4 times just in case I needed to. No issues on a BP Pulse 50kW Charger. Used the GridServe chargers a couple of times at Rugby with no issues.

Finally I used one of the MFG chargers, and this was fine giving me around 87kW charging.

Cannot fault my car.
Care to try it on an osprey charger?

Just a silly question- has the vehicle been switched off before inserting the charger?
One press of the start button to power the car down, but the screen is still on. It takes quite a while for the screen to go off if you don’t lock the car. I don’t lock the car.

I would advise NOT plugging in if the car is still powered on in READY mode.

Just the normal Trophy LR
Well there goes my theory! I wonder if some cars have had updates done. For example, on one of the other threads someone mentioned their satnav maps are from 2020 where as mine are Q2 of 2021. Dealer didn't say they had applied any updates when I collected mine though.

I have a pod point EC charger and have used a pod point in Blackpool not rapid but no issues 👍

It takes quite a while for the screen to go off
Yeah - Roughly about ten minutes after you shut down the car, the info unit will close down.
I find it strange that info unit does not close down at the same time, as shutting down the car itself ??.
The radio stays playing, unit the car is locked or it times out after ten minutes.
On the Gen1 model, the info unit closed down at the same time as closing down the car.
Has anybody noticed, there is no audible sound, when you close down the car either.
It’s can be a bit confusing, because when you hit the “Stop” button, there is no “close down” note and the radio keeps playing.
So you could be fooled into thinking the car is still up and running !.

Has everyone got their rapid charging/car bricking issues resolved and do they only occur with Osprey chargers?

Has everyone got their rapid charging/car bricking issues resolved and do they only occur with Osprey chargers?
Mine seems to be resolved now, software updated and 12v battery replaced. I think its wider than just Osprey chargers.

I'm currently trying to establish from MG if there is a specific software update for this fast charging problem or whether my car which apparently has the latest software from the factory already addresses this issue.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom