Software improvement opportunities!

The SE could never choose the right speed anyway (for NSL) because it doesn't have inbuilt satnav, so it can never really know where it is. (Yes, it could use GPS coordinates - but then it may as well just have satnav anyway as the coordinates would need to be cross-referenced to a map). :)

Point 2 is to do with the Car thinking its in a, (National Speed Limit Signed, single carriageway) 60mph limit when in fact its in a, (National Speed Limit Signed, duel carriageway/motorway) 70mph limit, and flashes incorrectly when doing 65mph on a 70mph road! Very annoying, distracting and dangerous. I have spoken to MGUK about this, (this week) and there is no planed update in the offing......very frustrating.
Switch it of then

Having had the car a week, my immediate thoughts are as follows:-

When we get back into the car we find that the radio does not come back on its paused, never seen this before - Anyone else have this ?

Dreaded LKA - While this does not 'wrench 'on ours its bleeps before gently trying to nudge you back into the lane, however if you ignore this the resistance gets progressive more difficult to the point of fighting it. However the solution is to use the indicators and this issue goes away- Looking at driving standards there are going to be lots of complaints, and I suspect that BMW drivers will find this a deal breaker. :) It does not stay switched off as I personally do not like it.

The infotainment response is quite poor, I find you have to press the screen / beeps so it highlights the icon to show its been activated then the response is like touchscreen phones of the early days of thier delivery.

A nice update would be 2 IDs that contain settings for 2 drivers that you can chose. ( my son's ID3 has this).

No doubt will find more.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel