Software update just installed

Please be aware folks that the infotainment software doesn't control the behaviour of core car systems including LKA, AEB, ACC and more and charging and defaults - these are other car module updates of which we cannot see the version and don't know what is latest. Dealers have to separately install these.

The infotainment updates do affect navigation, AA/CarPlay, bluetooth, the AC and other screens, the radio and the steering wheel button mappings.

Please be aware folks that the infotainment software doesn't control the behaviour of core car systems including LKA, AEB, ACC and more and charging and defaults - these are other car module updates of which we cannot see the version and don't know what is latest. Dealers have to separately install these.

The infotainment updates do affect navigation, AA/CarPlay, bluetooth, the AC and other screens, the radio and the steering wheel button mappings.
Thanks for this clarification.

So did I understand correctly from the OP that the new version of the infotainment software will allow bluetooth Apple Play? If so, that would be well worth having as it's a pain having to constantly plug in a cable.

Last edited:
bluetooth Apply Play
What do you mean by this? Apple CarPlay/Android Auto?

I believe wireless versions of those require different hardware - so the chances are very slim. I once coded wireless CarPlay into a BMW I had, it was flaky as hell because it was missing some hardware to make it work properly - it did work but it was more hassle than it was worth.

I've finally had my Trophy updated to R46 (from R33). Much improved in my opinion - on Carplay it now constantly shows a 'top line' of temp, aircon controls etc which it didnt before. Also it may be the placebo effect but I drove home without switching LKA off and it seemed much less aggressive. Got a long drive this weekend, will see how that goes.

What do you mean by this? Apple CarPlay/Android Auto?

He meant wireless CarPlay ...and as you surmise, the answer is No - the car doesn't have the hardware to support wireless AA/CP. :)
oops! Yes, I meant Car Play, sorry.

Thanks for explaining. (although I'd have preferred a different answer tbh 😭)

oops! Yes, I meant Car Play, sorry.

Thanks for explaining. (although I'd have preferred a different answer tbh 😭)
It's not an insurmountable problem.
One of these will act as a wireless "virtual" cable between your phone and car.

Sounds good, but according to Amazon, its not compatible with MG?

Screenshot_20231116_121557_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20231116_121629_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Last edited:
I have a carlinkit too, it worked in the beginning when I had the car! I have the latest software updates now on, I get lots of troubles, does not connect automatically, must pull out the usb plug every time and back in, before it starts up. I am also now having trouble with the original apple cable, sometimes it connects sometimes it does nothing it depends if the phone is connected before or after I drive away with the car. The software is really bad in this car. I would never imagine this could be so bad!! Buying this car was a big mistake! Every month I have the car, it is at least some days @the dealership to do the updates!
I hate this! Lucky for me is this my second car, I have a BMW too which works flawlessly! Even more economical driving also, than the crap MG4. I have already 12.000Km on the MG but I don't like the software behavior at all, every day is a surprise!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back