Soh after 20k miles

Andy L

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
For anybody who worries about battery degradation I don't think there is any need.🙂 Mostly home charged with the occasional rapid when needed.
1000009914.jpg

@Andy L Very similar to our Trophy 🏆 LR.
Just over 2 years old now, covered about 16,000 miles and the traction battery 🔋 SOH is reporting 99%.
No D/C or A/C public charging conducted, all charging requirements have been satisfied by utilising a cheap off peak electricity, supplied by our home wall box.

How can I check mine ? I’ve 2022 Trophy, it had 25k on it when I bought it last October.
You can request that the dealer provides you with a traction battery status report, at the time of its next service.
Or purchase an OBD scanner that has the ability to interrogate the battery, this can be displayed from an App on your smart phone or tablet.
I don’t have a OBD scanner so I am unable to recommend one for the Gen2 model.
I am sure ✔️ one of the other members can offer help with regards to this 👍.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Mine’s a gen 1 and the SOH is 88.6% after 26,000 miles. Also mostly home charged.
I don't know remotely enough about batteries but from what I heard so far, 88.6% seems low? How old is the car and have you ever run that slow charge from 10% to 100% ?

I don't know remotely enough about batteries but from what I heard so far, 88.6% seems low? How old is the car and have you ever run that slow charge from 10% to 100% ?
It’s 4 years old and gets balanced every 4-6 weeks. Local dealer reckons it’s as expected after 4 years, but it seems to have dropped fairly quickly since October when it was 92%.

I wonder how the SOH calculation is made?
Also, is it dependent on charge status at the time?
Also, winter/summer?
Or is it just another way to worry oneself?

I wonder how the SOH calculation is made?
Also, is it dependent on charge status at the time?
Also, winter/summer?
Or is it just another way to worry oneself?
There are apparently a few different models to calculate it. No idea what system MG are using, although there was some evidence that MG were sort of 'faking' it in LFP version of the car with a linear regular reduction, until it got properly reset at service time.

These are the principles:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom