• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

SOS NEED DETAILS OF UPDATES URGENTLY!!!!

KasEV

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I am in my nearest Dealership in Hyde. I booked to have comfort 2 update done. I am now here but they are at loss what ECU to load and update.
Please does anyone have the exact details?
Also details of the past updates as well.
I believe the tech should've able to easily find this information himself but he claims to be having difficulty.

Thanks Folks,
Rang MG and other MG Dealership.
Seems info now available and they are able to find it on Dealership Portal. However having to rebook. I am informed both/all car keys are needed as there is a very small risk that the spare key may not work if the C2 update is done with only one key present.
So for those awaiting update please remember to take both keys when attending for update.

Last edited:
I have got the delivery of car today. It has been updated to comfort 2. It stills honks ! may be I am doing it wrong.
1. On locking one honk , someone said in another thread if it is not completely locked it will honk so will check it.
2. three honks when I tried to lock it with charging cable connected.

any idea if these are normal ?:unsure:

Not sure what is wrong in your situation. You should recheck and go back to your Dealership if you are still having problems.

Hi all. I've just contacted my dealer Glyn Hopkins, Milton Keynes. Re, the upgrade and when asked how much, was told, as I bought the car from them, there would not be a charge! I've booked it in. Good customer service, I think.

Phoned my local dealer to ask about updates and was informed by their technical/service department that no updates were available at present but if there were any problems with the car they would be pleased to investigate and remedy the situation, but they advised against any 'unnecessary' updates!!!
As there are no real problems with the car I can live with the few minor niggles for the time being and wait for more information.

It strikes me that some dealers need to "get up to speed!"...in fairness, many of them are newish and most have been shut down for months......but they need to get a grip and get up to date. IMO

@Scriv,
I am not sure when you car was manufactured and when it was sold to you. Only ZS EVs manufactured after June 20th will have all updates up to comfort 2 update in place as they leave the production line. So your car most likely needs updating. Unless it has been update since it was manufactured.
Unfortunately there are several Dealerships that are very ignorant of anything electric. Although MG continues to insist that they have trained the tech/sales /after sales teams at all dealerships, the level of knowledge in some of the Dealerships is poor beyond belief.
I will advise that you go back to your Dealership and ask them to check for all the updates that they claim your car already has and request written confirmation. The two most recent updates are the Battery management system update and the comfort 2 update. As this is a public forum one may get in trouble if one names and shames the very bad ZS EV dealerships so One cannot say which Dealerships to avoid.
However one of the BEST ZS EV Dealerships that I know of is Chorley Group. So for those who in North West who are able to access their branches that is the Dealership to go to.
I think we need to feedback our experience of the Dealerships to MG.
Anyway if you have urgent problems, when you are at a Dealership requesting the C2 update and you are being tosed from pillar to post ring MG UK directly on +442039175821. This is an open assess urgent number I think. You may need to leave a message but they will call back usually within minutes.

Chorley MG updated my car yesterday it was in the workshop for just over 2 hours.
All the improvements seem to be there so a big thank you to the guys at Chorley.
The 345 mile round trip was worth it.

The increase in range following the update that some people have mentioned would seem to be a myth.
The journey home to MK was 173 miles 95% motorway and lots of heavy rain, temperatures ranged from 13°to 17°, ACC set to 65 mph for most of the journey in Eco with level 1 regen. Recoded 3.4 miles/kWh.

This morning I charged to 100% and the gom gave the following ranges,
Economy 179 miles
Normal 163 miles
Sport 155 miles.
Conclusion, update has not released extra capacity.

@KasEV
Do we know which, if any, of the updates are foc? Also in some previous posts there has been mention of the possibility of invalidation of the Warranty. Has this been resolved?

@KasEV
Do we know which, if any, of the updates are foc? Also in some previous posts there has been mention of the possibility of invalidation of the Warranty. Has this been resolved?
Regarding the updates being free of charge, that depends on your dealership. My update was carried out by Chorley MG, probably the best in the country, and because I bought my car from them it was free.
As for invalidation of warranty, why would that be? The only people able to do it are authorised dealerships.

@Scriv,
The BMS update and other updates before the BMS are FOC. The comfort 2 update is where the problems begin. Some dealerships will do it for free. Others may charge. Whatever the case the max one should be asked to pay is not more than 86 pounds including VAT.
As per@Darkriver I have not heard of invalidations. The worry is that if you have two keys to the car and certain types of updates are done with only one key present then the second key may cease to work. That may cost another 60 pounds to sort out so just be careful and bring the two car keys along for your updates.

Agree with the 2 keys thing, whenever you take your car to the dealer....

When my dealer did some recall work in Feb, I had a sudden thought when leaving home.....take the second set...just in case. Good job I did, as he needed both sets.

I had had a similar thing with my PHEV...thats what made me think of it.

Hi Folks,
I am in my nearest Dealership in Hyde. I booked to have comfort 2 update done. I am now here but they are at loss what ECU to load and update.
Please does anyone have the exact details?
Also details of the past updates as well.
I believe the tech should've able to easily find this information himself but he claims to be having difficulty.
Hi KasEV
I may be to late but. Tell the Tech to go onto sips and program your BCM, IPK, GATEWAY
then tell him to go on to SNOW short for service now and look for the update download that he needs to put on a clean 30gb min memory stick formatted to fat32
when done there also literature on how to open the secret menu on the infotainment unit. I cannot give this out sorry. once in the menu he will update your infotainment. whole job takes 1hr 10 mins but maybe more if he has to set up first. hope this helps

Very technical that little lot......no idea what you are talking about. And yes, I know it wasn't intended for ordinary (old ) folk like me.

The thing is, many, (if not most) folk who actually buy these cars, are not particular "technical" and some feel they have been getting a pretty raw deal from MG with regards to after-sales service.

MG should be "going the extra mile" to ensure that all cars already sold, are brought up to the full latest spec. ASAP. Just like any other re-calls by other car dealers.

These first cars are the trail-blazers and could and indeed should, be driving adverts for future MG Electric Vehicle sales. .........MG needs to try harder..... IMO.

Very technical that little lot......no idea what you are talking about. And yes, I know it wasn't intended for ordinary (old ) folk like me.

The thing is, many, (if not most) folk who actually buy these cars, are not particular "technical" and some feel they have been getting a pretty raw deal from MG with regards to after-sales service.

MG should be "going the extra mile" to ensure that all cars already sold, are brought up to the full latest spec. ASAP. Just like any other re-calls by other car dealers.

These first cars are the trail-blazers and could and indeed should, be driving adverts for future MG Electric Vehicle sales. .........MG needs to try harder..... IMO.
I also believe that MG should get the motoring world to review the MG ZS EV again now that it’s been greatly improved as the pre launch version was lacking in elements and the reviews were quite critical, these could still put people of simply taking an MG out for a test drive. New reviews would be beneficial to all, but mostly MG.

@Chrispydoc, @Mark Holmes and Folks,
Are we sure MG doesn't know what is said on this Forum? More importantly would MG pay any attention to what we say?
IMO,... MG knows what is said on this forum but whether MG pays attention is a totally different matter.
As I keep saying the Chinese always have 5 year plans and they keep strictly to it no matter what. The only consideration that will make them move away from the 5 year plan is politics and economics.
As you know MG is actually a branch of SAIC Motors a company that is about rank no. 39 in the world's richest 500 companies. They make several cars and other automotive related products. They are partners with Volkswagen, General Motors, IVECO and own MAXUS, ROEWE, HAUYU Automotive and many more. The rumor is that they may be entering into a mega partnership with Tesla.
SAIC are MEGA. ZS EV is a drop in the ocean for them.
Most of the MG must do this or that we are saying on this forum sounds good and reasonable but to a Chinese company as MEGA as SAIC may be economic nonsense and not in their 5 year plan.
It is frustrating and I know members keep saying cut the politics out but the day we all decided to buy the ZS EV, we entered the world of double politics. We need to understand that if we are ever to achieve any influence on SAIC.
Please forgive my long rant but to conclude, let me say @Chrispydoc, and @Mark Holmes I fully support you request to MG but I think as well as expressing these request here we should be writing to MG, exerting customer pressure on dealerships and taking every
other appropriate lawful actions to make this request known. Just coming on this forum to say MG must do this and that and then folding our arms and shouting loud how we love our ZS EV despite it's shortcoming really gets us nowhere.

@Chrispydoc, @Mark Holmes and Folks,
Are we sure MG doesn't know what is said on this Forum? More importantly would MG pay any attention to what we say?
IMO,... MG knows what is said on this forum but whether MG pays attention is a totally different matter.
As I keep saying the Chinese always have 5 year plans and they keep strictly to it no matter what. The only consideration that will make them move away from the 5 year plan is politics and economics.
As you know MG is actually a branch of SAIC Motors a company that is about rank no. 39 in the world's richest 500 companies. They make several cars and other automotive related products. They are partners with Volkswagen, General Motors, IVECO and own MAXUS, ROEWE, HAUYU Automotive and many more. The rumor is that they may be entering into a mega partnership with Tesla.
SAIC are MEGA. ZS EV is a drop in the ocean for them.
Most of the MG must do this or that we are saying on this forum sounds good and reasonable but to a Chinese company as MEGA as SAIC may be economic nonsense and not in their 5 year plan.
It is frustrating and I know members keep saying cut the politics out but the day we all decided to buy the ZS EV, we entered the world of double politics. We need to understand that if we are ever to achieve any influence on SAIC.
Please forgive my long rant but to conclude, let me say @Chrispydoc, and @Mark Holmes I fully support you request to MG but I think as well as expressing these request here we should be writing to MG, exerting customer pressure on dealerships and taking every
other appropriate lawful actions to make this request known. Just coming on this forum to say MG must do this and that and then folding our arms and shouting loud how we love our ZS EV despite it's shortcoming really gets us nowhere.
I agree with what you say, however whether they take notice or not it’s healthy to say what you think and get it off your chest..

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom