Speed Limiter / Cruise Control access

vaga222

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Picked my MG4 up yesterday and I've done a few short journeys today. I've got a question about the cruise control and speed limit features.

When I switch the car off and come back to it later, the button on the steering wheel to control cruise/limiter doesn't do anything. I need to go into the car settings on the infotainment screen and select either cruise or speed limiter before it will work.

It's there a way to have the car remember the setting so I don't need to go into the settings to choose on every journey or is this like the LKA where it will always reset every trip?

Seems like a poor design of that's the case, my Kia and VW troc have the same features and could be controlled from the steering wheel no problem.

Which model do you have? There are some differences between models. But having said that, once I set the ACC to on, it stays accessible from the steering-wheel button. So something doesn't sound right about what you're reporting.

It's a long range trophy.

I've attached 2 pictures from the drivers screen. The first is what I see when I start the car either by locking it with the key or using the saftey->turn off setting. You can see that at the top right neither the cruise or limiter is on. After selecting either option through the infotainment it shows up like the 2nd picture.

As soon as I restart the car it goes away 😞

Attachments

• IMG_20230830_164307.jpg
    IMG_20230830_164307.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_20230830_164334.jpg
    IMG_20230830_164334.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 261
Like @Rolfe my ACC stays on once set on the infotainment so no need to do anything other than set it on the middle left steering wheel button each time. The speed limit has to be re-set in the infotainment each time!

Like @Rolfe my ACC stays on once set on the infotainment so no need to do anything other than set it on the middle left steering wheel button each time. The speed limit has to be re-set in the infotainment each time!
ah that's it! I've been using both but I probably had the limiter on last each time because I prefer it for the roads near my house. I'll try later with leaving the ACC on when I turn off the car. Still a really weird choice to remember one but not the other :|

Thanks!

ah that's it! I've been using both but I probably had the limiter on last each time because I prefer it for the roads near my house. I'll try later with leaving the ACC on when I turn off the car. Still a really weird choice to remember one but not the other :|

Thanks!

Yeah, I think it only does it with the speed limiter mode selecting when exiting/locking the car, ACC persists.

And yes it's a very weird choice, or bug :p

I set the speed limiter to 75 when I first started using the car, and have used the ACC ever since. Now I can’t find any reference to a speed limiter anywhere in the infotainment system. What am I missing - apart from a memory!

Speed limiter is on the small screen on mine. Scroll left or right with the right joystick after pressing the square button..

Speed limiter is on the small screen on mine. Scroll left or right with the right joystick after pressing the square button..
Many thanks! Found “Overspeed Threshold” which must be the Speed Limiter.

Here's mine. Is yours SE or Trophy and which infotainment software version have you got?

View attachment 19909
Its the Trophy Extended Range.

That's weird. Pressing the right hand square joystick button just pauses the radio for me, scrolling left/right will just change station

The left joystick button doesn't seem to do anything at all. Up/down will change the speed limiter desired speed.

I've got revision R30 I believe.

In my Trophy LR, I have both 'Speed Limit Mode' and 'Overspeed Threshold'. I don't know what either does as I have never used them.

As yours is a Trophy ER, perhaps the info screen has changed.

I have a MY23 UK trophy, and the MG Pilot screen is the same as @calwoo Off/ACC/TJA
no mention of Speed limit assist.

I have also found ACC and TJA to be exactly the same, apart from TJA tries to steer for you too? Is that correct

I found it quite handy on the M25 (and then again on the M8) in really slow jams, but it keeps annoying me by telling me to hold the steering wheel - even if I'm doing that! It seems to want me to resist the turning of the wheel, which seems a bit pointless. I think I've worked out a modus vivendi where I just rest a hand heavily on the bottom of the wheel and that satisfies it.

But the minute the traffic speeded up a bit it started snatching at the wheel like LKA on acid, and I switched it back of in a real hurry.

I have a MY23 UK trophy, and the MG Pilot screen is the same as @calwoo Off/ACC/TJA
no mention of Speed limit assist.

I have also found ACC and TJA to be exactly the same, apart from TJA tries to steer for you too? Is that correct
I switched the ACC off this afternoon and lo and behold the Speed Limiter appeared on the next line of the MG Pilot screen. So all’s well!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back