Spoiler install on MG4 SE

MiniDolan

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Afternoon!

I know this may seem minor and random. Do you think it's likely that the spoiler parts would ever become available. Or if MG garages could source them to be retrofitted? I know the range would take a hit but it looks so much better with the spoilers.

Thanks in advance.

I would only buy the trophy despite the spoiler, not because of it. My dislike of it is made worse by the fact that it has a detrimental impact on the range. The car tops out at 100mph - long before any aerodynamic benefits kick in & I believe it causes some of the noise issues that others have complained about.
I’m pretty sure that some trophy owners will be removing them if there is a satisfactory way to hide the holes, so they will probably be coming up for sale at some point.

No chance on earth MG will allow retro fitting of spoiler. The spoiler is a feature of the Trophy spec. The only way will be unofficial aftermarket.

How can they stop it?
It’ll have a part number, so anyone can buy it and please themselves what they do with it.
I thought about it, but occasionally use auto carwashes and, quite frankly, don’t trust it not to fly off.

How can they stop it?
It’ll have a part number, so anyone can buy it and please themselves what they do with it.
I thought about it, but occasionally use auto carwashes and, quite frankly, don’t trust it not to fly off.
Apparently in France they are going to supply kits to swop from one to the other, at least i have read that on the internet ho hum!

How can they stop it?
... so in answer to the original post - yes of course you can - just pop into your local parts department, in this case MG and order any part as you so wish (legally they need to supply any part for 10 years after they stop making it!)

..... or course you may want to wait a few years until a few are written off, especially if you can get one in colour, with the same paint code, from a 3rd party (tailgates are from £100-£300 whole for any car, as long as its not a supercar, see e.g. silverlake as an example!)

.... havn't done it for a few years..., but partslink24 , is the place to go for part codes! - but this was from the traditional manufacturers - I doubt it will be from the Chinese companies

Last edited:
There was a fella on one of the MG4 facetube group's, who appeared to be a former saic employee and was looking to source and sell on MG parts, alloy wheels from the upcoming go faster mg4 and rear spoilers were mentioned along with other bits and bobs.

can we change the rear lamp bar to Trophy spec?
Rear Lamp Bar.JPG

Those 3000 reasons will get lower with all the different modifications being planned, not to mention MG's potential attitude to the warranty if you are messing about changing the rear light bar etc

Those 3000 reasons will get lower with all the different modifications being planned, not to mention MG's potential attitude to the warranty if you are messing about changing the rear light bar etc

Depends what you mean.
Yes, warranty claims specifically connected to the spoiler could be a problem if self installed.

But nothing else

Garages and manufacturers aren’t daft, they know they can’t renege on an entire car warranty just because you’ve changed a small part.

I’ve modified loads of cars, my last Leaf had non-standard alloys and various interior parts dipped to my own choice of finish.
The dealer had zero problem with it.
Quite the opposite, they were very helpful and supportive.

You weren't dealing with MG though were you

I was thinking more along electrical faults after the post about fitting an aftermarket trophy rear light bar to an SE

Why don't you just get a trophy🤔
For the trophy version, I liked only the spoiler & rear light bar, The rest aren't necessary.
And in my country, will get a two-tone seat, trim-door on the trophy version. It's easy to dirty. (Black/White color)

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 536 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel