Squeaky Sound after 40mph

enisdem

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I dont knkw if anyone else has it but i hear an annoying squeky sound coming from rear or left after i hit 40mph sometime 37/38.

I spoke to my dealer they said it might come from the spoiler ( i have a trophy )

Do you think they are right or should take it to them to have a look.

I dont knkw if anyone else has it but i hear an annoying squeky sound coming from rear or left after i hit 40mph sometime 37/38.

I spoke to my dealer they said it might come from the spoiler ( i have a trophy )

Do you think they are right or should take it to them to have a look.
There have been a few cases of a loose spoiler. Just needs the bolts tightening up.

Is it a whistling sound ? Mine whistles over 35mph up to about 80mph. Think it’s air rushing past the spoiler. Or could be the dreaded under tray bulge air scope.

I have it too with my trophy. I’d like to know where it’s coming from but funnily enough I never sit in the back 🤣

Is it a whistling sound ? Mine whistles over 35mph up to about 80mph. Think it’s air rushing past the spoiler. Or could be the dreaded under tray bulge air scope.
Yes sounds like whistles too in a way , i only realised it yesterday but will try different speeds today and confirm

thats what they suggest i am taking the car to them this thursday to see whats gonna happen ?
I had this on my Trophy, dealership road tested my car and identified the issue as a slightly loose spoiler. They tightened it up and now the sound has gone.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back