Summer's here.

2 bikes ragged past me (dangerously) on a bend at the weekend and kindly kicked up stones onto the car. Now got a nice little chip in my 1 week old car. I may have sworn at them.:cautious:

2 bikes ragged past me (dangerously) on a bend at the weekend and kindly kicked up stones onto the car. Now got a nice little chip in my 1 week old car. I may have sworn at them.:cautious:
That really annoyed me, never mind you! Didn't get their reg. numbers by any chance?

As a life longer biker still riding I only really need car drivers to look before committing to a manoeuvre, the rest I am factoring in.
Our EV,s can almost sprint from a standstill almost as quickly as a superbike so please ensure your path is clear

That really annoyed me, never mind you! Didn't get their reg. numbers by any chance?

The trouble is (as with the group who went past me at Mach 4 on the A85), they're going so fast you don't have a hope in hell of reading the numberplate before they're out of sight in a cloud of dust.

On a bicycle?
Yep, I put a cheap action cam on the handlebars of my bicycle after a white van belted out of a concealed drive straight across the front of my wife's bicycle. Luckily she was able to stop. Had we been there 5 seconds earlier, who knows.

I go trail-riding, and do the summer common riding festivals (that's all on horses) and a pretty fair proportion of riders have GoPros attached to the front of their riding hats, or in some cases strapped to their chests by what look like purpose-made harnesses.

I only ever had 125cc bikes, first a disaster of a 2-stroke Yamaha and then an excellent Honda 4-stroke. However, one of my students once dared me to ride his 1000cc BMW on the A1000 north of Potters Bar. I did. That was interesting. If I'd dropped it, I'd never have been able to pick it up!
The easiest bike I have ever ridden is the 2002 Kawazaki ZX-12R I co own with my brother, though it is blody fast (302+ kmt) it's so wellbehaved and easy to putter around on.
Today my arms are not able to drive a bigbike more than 20km in one go and I have not driven the ZX-12 for the last 3 years (got a 50cc scooter to zip about on though). But I swear car drivers are much more dangerous now than 30 years ago, swerving without looking and signaling could happen in the old days and one always needed to be a bit on your toes especially behind older drivers with stiff necks. But now.... it's sometimes they are looking and or signaling, it's blody dangerous out there compared to how it was 30 years ago (This is in rural Norway). Not to mention drivers of big SUVs that seem to have problems keeping the car on their side of the road, it's bad to meet them in a car but on a left (right if you are in uk) blind turn on a big bike... you better not be carrying to much speed.

I think many of our cars have so bad outward visibility in the back and to much of a video game going on in the front that we are now driving less safely than 30 years ago. I belive I'm actually a safer driver when I turn off most of the videogame and just drive the car old school.

The easiest bike I have ever ridden is the 2002 Kawazaki ZX-12R I co own with my brother, though it is blody fast (302+ kmt) it's so wellbehaved and easy to putter around on.
Today my arms are not able to drive a bigbike more than 20km in one go and I have not driven the ZX-12 for the last 3 years (got a 50cc scooter to zip about on though). But I swear car drivers are much more dangerous now than 30 years ago, swerving without looking and signaling could happen in the old days and one always needed to be a bit on your toes especially behind older drivers with stiff necks. But now.... it's sometimes they are looking and or signaling, it's blody dangerous out there compared to how it was 30 years ago (This is in rural Norway). Not to mention drivers of big SUVs that seem to have problems keeping the car on their side of the road, it's bad to meet them in a car but on a left (right if you are in uk) blind turn on a big bike... you better not be carrying to much speed.

I think many of our cars have so bad outward visibility in the back and to much of a video game going on in the front that we are now driving less safely than 30 years ago. I belive I'm actually a safer driver when I turn off most of the videogame and just drive the car old school.
I agree totally. The less input needed the less attention. Driving a modern car feels almost like being in a video. This was brought home to me a couple of weeks ago when me and the missuss hired a Morgan. Now that's old school driving - no power this or that, a clutch which gave the left leg a good workout and suspension which makes you realise how crap our roads really are!

He's not very well liked among .. well anyone I can think of. And I can see why, he doesn't help the stigma attached to being a cyclist one bit.
Someone will surely deck him one day.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel