Suspension too soft and bouncy?

Good advice. I was just being churlish in my previous reply! It was for range reasons that I left them as supplied (as you correctly guessed). I thought by now (2months from new) they would have dropped in pressure of their own accord. But they are all still showing precisely 2.7Bar. I'll probably drop them today and hope it doesn't take away the lovely steering feel it currently has. :)
Just my 2 cents, ....
That "lovely" feeling u have now is the reduced contact your tires make with the road,....if u overinflate ,u get a lighter feel in your steering wheel, if U underinflate u get a heavier feel.
Whats now happening is that you are more prone to slipping when driving in the rain (feels like aquaplaning) and can cause accidents. Also your tires are now wearing away at the centre of the wheel.

Instead of arguing, why not use Pascals? (Whatever they are!?).
I like the red ones and the green ones, what's your favourite ?
pastilles.jpg

Defo Pascal the way to go for tyre pressures…

I prefer psi over bar simply because you have greater precision.
Can you set the TPMS display to psi?

I prefer psi over bar simply because you have greater precision.
Can you set the TPMS display to psi?
Frankly so do I, especially since we have now left the EU and no longer risk a criminal record for using it.

Can't answer you question re the display units I'm afraid.

For anyone still living in fear that there is a lunatic driving around with his tyres set to bursting pressure, I can now confirm that I have reduced all mine to 33psi (small contingency to allow for leakage). So fear not if you're in the Salisbury area :)

Frankly so do I, especially since we have now left the EU and no longer risk a criminal record for using it.

Can't answer you question re the display units I'm afraid.

For anyone still living in fear that there is a lunatic driving around with his tyres set to bursting pressure, I can now confirm that I have reduced all mine to 33psi (small contingency to allow for leakage). So fear not if you're in the Salisbury area :)
Sorry but you're not allowed a leakage contingency, driving around with 1 psi (6894.76 Pascals) extra is downright reckless, drop the pressures immediately before you cause an accident. :ROFLMAO: :p;)

Sorry but you're not allowed a leakage contingency, driving around with 1 psi (6894.76 Pascals) extra is downright reckless, drop the pressures immediately before you cause an accident. :ROFLMAO: :p;)
To be fair, as I get older I insist upon a leakage contingency.

But I paid for that OEM air. I just can't bring myself to let any more go than I already have.

But I paid for that OEM air. I just can't bring myself to let any more go than I already have.
You should have collected it to put back in later. Did it smell of paddy fields when you let it out ?
It always makes me smile when enthusiasts pay extra to have their tyres inflated with Nitrogen, because it doesn't permeate the rubber like oxygen in air does, so maintains air pressure. What half of them don't know is that air is 78% nitrogen anyway so only 22% max can escape by this route. My theory is if you over inflate your tyres by 25% then by the time all the oxygen has escaped, you'll have pure nitrogen left at the correct pressure, for free.

British air will be far less polluted than the Chinese stuff put in at build :LOL:

You should have collected it to put back in later. Did it smell of paddy fields when you let it out ?
No it was more an aroma of chicken chow mein I'd say with just a subtle whiff of prawn cracker. Believe me, if there had been a way of collecting it I would have - ideal for hiding some of the kitchen smells that my wife is capable of producing.
It always makes me smile when enthusiasts pay extra to have their tyres inflated with Nitrogen, because it doesn't permeate the rubber like oxygen in air does, so maintains air pressure. What half of them don't know is that air is 78% nitrogen anyway so only 22% max can escape by this route. My theory is if you over inflate your tyres by 25% then by the time all the oxygen has escaped, you'll have pure nitrogen left at the correct pressure, for free.
I'm pretty sure that nitrogen stuff is BS. As an aside, I used to work with hydrogen which is a very small and hence mobile molecule. It will leak through anything including stainless steel tubing!! That's why they don't use it for inflating tyres - well that and the fact that it's highly explosive. Anyway, both O2 and N2 are much heavier molecules (in fact surprisingly similar molecular weights), so I'd be very surprised if there is any difference in leakage at all between nitrogen and air. Happy to be proven wrong though.

So I tried it in sports on the motorway and country lanes and seems a lot stiffer which is good for me and the Mrs. So that's my cheap and easy option. In the front it's not too bad, it's in the back you get a little sea sick

So I tried it in sports on the motorway and country lanes and seems a lot stiffer which is good for me and the Mrs. So that's my cheap and easy option. In the front it's not too bad, it's in the back you get a little sea sick

Thought I was in the wrong forum for a moment! :ROFLMAO:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom