Tail Gate Strip?

certainly when I went for my test drive the number plate looked a lot different and partually covered up the MG5 EV lettering so I think this is the fix for that...to me it looks fine and no big deal

Hi All,

Picked up my MG5 EV on Thursday. Does anyone know what the big black strip of plastic below the rear number plate is for? It looks so out of place. I assume its for some bike rack mount or something. Some of the promotional photographs show it and some don't and I dont specifically recall if the car I test drove had it or not, although I did notice that the MG ZS EV's on the forecourt had it Thanks.
This was mine a week before I picked it up , looks like it may have had a square plate design

Attachments

• 20201231_121641.jpg
    20201231_121641.jpg
    866.6 KB · Views: 181
This was mine a week before I picked it up , looks like it may have had a square plate design
Yeah, I posted a picture of the Roewe which this car is based off and it has a squarer plate with 4 holes. Read in another thread that some dealers will fit larger plates that will use all 4 holes, others use the plastic strip. If the strip was chromed, it wouldn't look so out of place.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom