Take off your MG4 wheel covers now!! All they do is damage the alloy and they look CRAP!!

The wheel covers are symmetrical, so if there is an S shaped scratch on one spoke of the wheel then they should be on them all.

Take your cover off and have a look at how they clamp in place.

My car needs to go back to the dealer for a horrendously creaky driver's seat that needs sorting because im not putting up with that for 4 years so i will mention the wheels at the same time. I dont want them replacing but i dont want this to go against me when i give the car back at the end of my 4 years!

I think its very fair to say, that this is my first and most likely my last MG!
There are too many issues for a brand-new car with 2300 miles on the clock!
I’m with you on this. I got my Trophy at end of September, it has 1700 miles on it and it’s been back to the dealer four times for “multiple faults” (although the car was drivable). The last visit they kept the car from 29 November till 30 January.
Just over two months and all the faults I initially complained about are still present.
Dodgy car, clueless technicians (technicians????) and abysmal after sales service.
No more MGs for me either and whatever my next car will be it certainly won’t be from Arnold Clark.

I think there are 3 kinds of wheel people:

- Those for whom the size, design and aesthetics of the wheels are paramount and they will change them to get the look right.

- Those who want the wheels to look nice but aren't bothered about the details, they won't change them but might take the covers off.

- Those who couldn't care less what the wheels look like, much more interested in things like efficiency.
Mark me down for No. 2.

I have a white SE on order. I actually think it looks good in white before the wheel covers are fitted by the dealer as per the screenshot below. If I proceed with the order I might ask the dealer to put the covers in the boot and then buy some MG hole centres

Yes. Possibly they cut costs too far in this area.
Not sure about this one. Brake discs are generally cast iron that are then machined on the inner and outer faces. If I wash my car on a Saturday and then didn't drive it until Sunday then the discs would show a build up of surface rust. On EV cars it might actually be down to regen driving where the brakes aren't actually being used that much. Unless you go ceramic discs, all cars are generally the same cast iron. The difference in cost is normally when upgrading from solid disc through vented, vented and grooved and finally vented, grooved and drilled. The base metal would basically be the same.

Never understood the need for alloy wheels nor why they cause so much excitement. Dons tin helmet.
Was wondering who Don was and then the penny dropped😆

As Jester27 has posted elsewhere with added centre cover
1667033801156-png.12216
I know someone would have asked this before but I can't be arsed to search. What diameter is the hole on the wheel center? I actually don't mind this look.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230211-174439.png
    Screenshot_20230211-174439.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 201
Last edited:
I know someone would have asked this before but I can't be arsed to search. What diameter is the hole on the wheel center? I actually don't mind this look.
I believe they are 56mm, hopefully someone else will confirm. Available from AliExpress.

Last edited:
1990's Focus Zetec ?

Very good shout.
They are as ‘unstyled’ as those and it baffles me that people would want to remove the covers.
Instantly ages the car.

I’m with you on this. I got my Trophy at end of September, it has 1700 miles on it and it’s been back to the dealer four times for “multiple faults” (although the car was drivable). The last visit they kept the car from 29 November till 30 January.
Just over two months and all the faults I initially complained about are still present.
Dodgy car, clueless technicians (technicians????) and abysmal after sales service.
No more MGs for me either and whatever my next car will be it certainly won’t be from Arnold Clark.

Snap
Even if my car comes back fixed, even if they give me a replacement car and it’s faultless, I will only be keeping it until I reach the point an offer from the likes of WBAC or similar clears the finance and it’s no more MG for me.
I’ll probably increase monthly payments to hasten this process.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 470 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 7.6%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back