Terrible default Tyres

So looking at this website everyone mirrors what I've said that the tyres are absolutely terrible with traction, can't wait to get my new ones fitted.

Scroll to bottom of linked website and read the negative reviews. The manufacturer's description sounds okay but it would though.

Yes I know. I was letting everyone else know as it wasn't obvious from the website main review unless you scroll several pages down to the negatives comments.
Oh definitely, reviews mirror what I think of them, get my new ones in a couple of hours, will sell the others on ebay as hardly been used really

I have driven for over 50 years and managed to avoid accidents, not least because I have been very particular to choose the right tyres for my car. These have been Goodyear, Perrelli or Continental depending on the car I was driving. Tyres are the most important safety aspect of most vehicles and our manufacturer seems to have chosen a tyre for mileage rather than safety or noise levels. It will be interesting to see some statistics over the past 12 months to see if cars with this Bridgestone tyre are more prone than others to be involved in accidents. I wonder if such data exists.

All electric car tyres are designed so that the car manufacturers can get the highest range possible and low cabin noise. They achieve this by putting practically no grip on the tyres. I changed mine to the Pirelli all season SF2's over Christmas and after driving over 300 mile on the cold wet M1 this week I can highly recommend them. They stick to the road like glue with no noticeable difference in efficiency or cabin noise.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220108-161212.png
    Screenshot_20220108-161212.png
    932.9 KB · Views: 137
  • Screenshot_20211128-121031.png
    Screenshot_20211128-121031.png
    967.9 KB · Views: 139
Do you have the Web link for this as I can't find much about the Cooper Zeon C7, just CS7?
Just checked on the Cooper UK site and they do not list C7 just CS7. They do C7 in Australia.

Anyhow, they seem quiet enough but then again I wouldn't know any different this being my first ev. It's too early to tell the economy performance but I have had wheel spin when turning at low speed in a damp car park.

Just checked on the Cooper UK site and they do not list C7 just CS7. They do C7 in Australia.

Anyhow, they seem quiet enough but then again I wouldn't know any different this being my first ev. It's too early to tell the economy performance but I have had wheel spin when turning at low speed in a damp car park.
You will find wet grip is not the greatest with 'ev tyres' regardless of the temperature. The Michelin energy ev tyres on our Renault Zoe are just as bad.

All electric car tyres are designed so that the car manufacturers can get the highest range possible and low cabin noise. They achieve this by putting practically no grip on the tyres. I changed mine to the Pirelli all season SF2's over Christmas and after driving over 300 mile on the cold wet M1 this week I can highly recommend them. They stick to the road like glue with no noticeable difference in efficiency or cabin noise.
Are these the ones?

Are these the ones?
Yes that's them. They came 2nd in tirereviews 2021 all season tyre test. Best for noise and rolling resistance. They even do an 'elect' version if you want to spend an extra £100 per tyre. I haven't found any construction details on the internet stating what the difference is but it can't be worth that price difference.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom