The Contradictions of Battery Operated Vehicles

All that shows is the efficiency of transport mode, it still doesn't negate the pollution, plus there aren't any trees to absorb burnt kerosine at 40,000 feet.

The burnt Kerosene will settle eventually but slowed down by the action of the winds, in particular the Jetstream.

The majority ends at ground level with rain so ultimately is the same issue to us as is diesel

The biggest problem with all these statistics is are the complete. Many figures for fuel based processes do not include the manufacture of the fuel. The ONLY source of EVs

The burnt Kerosene will settle eventually but slowed down by the action of the winds, in particular the Jetstream.

The majority ends at ground level with rain so ultimately is the same issue to us as is diesel

The biggest problem with all these statistics is are the complete. Many figures for fuel based processes do not include the manufacture of the fuel. The ONLY source of EVs
Were you chopped off in mid flow?

Or try sitting in a closed lockup with the engine running and the windows down in an ice car, see how long he lasts.

There are quite few things that come out of the exhaust of an ICE car when it is being driven. Some have no adverse effect:

Nitrogen
Oxygen
Water

Another is Carbon Dioxide. This is not toxic, but does contribute to global change and is classed as a “greenhouse” gas.

Nitrogen Oxides that reduce the efficiency of the lungs and can trigger asthma. They also contribute to acid rain.

Sulphur Dioxide which contributes to engine corrosion and acid rain.

Hydrocarbons react with NOx in sunlight causing breathing problems in those with Asthma.

Benzine is a nasty one and long term exposure is linked to leukaemia.

Particulate matter (soot). Smaller particles can pass into your lungs causing respiratory problems, though modern DPFs with AdBlue almost eliminate these now.

The one that can kill you is Carbon Monoxide. Though with modern ICE engines you would have to be breathing it directly from the exhaust pipe for quite a long time.

Now if someone could remind me what emissions come from my ZS EV when I am driving it :)

There are quite few things that come out of the exhaust of an ICE car when it is being driven. Some have no adverse effect:

Nitrogen
Oxygen
Water

Another is Carbon Dioxide. This is not toxic, but does contribute to global change and is classed as a “greenhouse” gas.

Nitrogen Oxides that reduce the efficiency of the lungs and can trigger asthma. They also contribute to acid rain.

Hydrocarbons react with NOx in sunlight causing breathing problems in those with Asthma.

Particulate matter (soot). Smaller particles can pass into your lungs causing respiratory problems, though modern DPFs with AdBlue almost eliminate these now.

The one that can kill you is Carbon Monoxide. Though with modern ICE engines you would have to be breathing it directly from the exhaust pipe for quite a long time.

Now if someone could remind me what emissions come from my ZS EV when I am driving it :)
Errrr none
Les

Nitrogen
Oxygen
Water

Yeah, all true and remember the only gas you can breathe is O2, anything else without the presence of O2 will kill you. 😂

Yeah, all true and remember the only gas you can breathe is O2, anything else without the presence of O2 will kill you. 😂
Well - 4/5 of what you breathe in is nitrogen but yes, the other 1/5 is oxygen. Without that you would die, but not because the N2 killed you - just the lack of O2. If the air became 100% O2 you would also suffer - starting with going blind. (If you didn't get burnt to a crisp first..) 😉

No, you breathe ALL of the gasses in the atmosphere. Breathing oxygen alone even at atmospheric pressure is dangerous. If there is no CO2 in the air you breathe you would actually expel too much CO2 from the blood which due to the control mechanisms which regulate breathing and blood pressure could have dangerous side effects. One is blood vessels tend to narrow reducing blood flow to vital organs such as the brain so the effect is actually the reverse of what you would expect.

Adding as little as 5% CO2 to the oxygen can reverse the effect.

Other damage can occur if pure oxygen is breathed for longer periods. Apollo astronauts could breath almost pure oxygen for prolonged periods because the spacecraft operated at lower pressures, even then the CO2 scrubbers could not be 100% effective so there would be some residual CO2 when operating out of the space suits.

Well - 4/5 of what you breathe in is nitrogen but yes, the other 1/5 is oxygen. Without that you would die, but not because the N2 killed you - just the lack of O2. If the air became 100% O2 you would also suffer - starting with going blind. (If you didn't get burnt to a crisp first..) 😉
Mute point, you would still be dead, 😬😂

Rule 1 == don’t correct either spelling or grammar.

Or my grandma will cum an bash u up 😂😂

Rule 1 == don’t correct either spelling or grammar.

Or my grandma will cum an bash u up 😂😂
:ROFLMAO:

Unfortunately Rule 1 seem to be applied quite widely these days in schools.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom