There's a button marked Stop on the charger (labelled on screen with a physical button below, as I recall) ... you need to get back to the charging screen if it's gone into screensaver mode or similar to see it.

It was dark and the lighting could have been better. The screen wasn't showing anything useful and didn't change when I touched it. I couldn't see a physical button, although I thought I remembered one from when I started the charge. It was simple enough to stop it in the car anyway.

These ones you just need to touch one of the buttons (or maybe the screen - I can't remember).

I'm sorry but I'm getting a little confused now ...maybe it's my age or the flu . The topic of the thread is " The great big insurance rip off "
Every time I look for updates we seem to be talking about chargers :unsure:

I’ve done quite a bit of comparison work now and it looks like this Years premiums are up across the board. I’m not seeing much savings by comparing and going elsewhere. The only saving that looks worthwhile is to remove my breakdown cover from the policy.

If you have a newer MG being serviced by MG then you're probably eligible for MG Assist (which is essentially full vehicle-only AA cover), so maybe losing another lot of breakdown cover is worth the saving?

I’ve done quite a bit of comparison work now and it looks like this Years premiums are up across the board. I’m not seeing much savings by comparing and going elsewhere. The only saving that looks worthwhile is to remove my breakdown cover from the policy.
I went with Flow Insurance . Closer to my previous year's premium ,certainly half as much of all the other quotes

I went with Flow Insurance . Closer to my previous year's premium ,certainly half as much of all the other quotes
Thanks for the tip. Are they on the comparison sites? Do you know much about them?

Quick update. Tried Flow Insurance - thanks. They are the same price as LV (my current Insurer). Not surprising as they seem to be owned by LV. Worth a try though.

Quick update. Tried Flow Insurance - thanks. They are the same price as LV (my current Insurer). Not surprising as they seem to be owned by LV. Worth a try though.
I tried LV too , but they were much higher . I was aware of the connection ( LV and Flow ) so I was a tad surprised

I tried Flow Insurance and they say they can't insure me.

The cheapest I've found on GoComppare is esure @ £1069.
You think you have it bad, spare a thought (well not for long) for Range Rover owners in London theyre being quoted upwards of £10,000, one guy reported £28,000 on a new L460 he had on order so he's cancelled it. So glad I got rid of mine, used prices now are in free fall.

Obviously it’s impossible to compare premiums when almost everyone has a different profile of risk/car/postcode/age/convictions/claims etc etc. what is clear is that premiums have increased significantly for many motorists and a lot of insurers seem to be more selective on the type of car and policyholder that they want to insure.
I have also had the crazy Range Rover quotes and £7k renewal was quoted on my friends Range Rover compared to £1400 the previous year. Many insurers just don’t cover them anymore.

Here's an update for you to try and make sense of.

I presently have Admiral Multicar for my ZS and my son's LEAF. Admiral emailed today to say the underwriters would no longer insure my son or daughter to drive the ZS!

I immediately cancelled the renewal and started the search. I can't get multicar insurance from anyone, so added my son as a named driver to the esure quote, and it went from £1069 to £917!

So the state of play is, my son insures his LEAF for only him to drive, the esure policy allows me to drive any vehicle, and he can drive mine as a named driver.

What a palaver.

Here's an update for you to try and make sense of.

I presently have Admiral Multicar for my ZS and my son's LEAF. Admiral emailed today to say the underwriters would no longer insure my son or daughter to drive the ZS!

I immediately cancelled the renewal and started the search. I can't get multicar insurance from anyone, so added my son as a named driver to the esure quote, and it went from £1069 to £917!

So the state of play is, my son insures his LEAF for only him to drive, the esure policy allows me to drive any vehicle, and he can drive mine as a named driver.

What a palaver.
Just be careful. Cover for driving other cars is usually only third party.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just be careful. Cover for driving other cars is usually only third party.
Theres also the thorny issue of who is the main driver. I took my insurers to task on this one asking them to clarify who the main driver was is driver (a) drove the car for 3 hrs every day and covered 150 miles, or driver (b) who drove the car for 6 hrs every day covering 120 miles. Was it the driver doing most miles or the behind the wheel for a longer time. They refused to answer o_O
It could have been an interesting test in court if it ever came to it, thankfully it didnt. I also challenegd them with regards to NCD, they said each vehicle had to earn its NCD, I asked them to clarify if there was an accident would only the vehicle involved lose its NCD or would all of the vehicles on the policy be affected. It turned out all the vehicles would be affected which in my view was wrong, it's the driver that earns the NCD IMHO and it should be honoured for any vehicle insured. I did get round it by moving my insurance to another company, getting proof of NCD and then insuring the second car elsewhere with the NCD accepted.

There are many more vagaries within car insurance terms and conditions. You point out a few good ones. The ‘main driver’ condition is mostly ill defined and even harder to enforce.
I’m afraid we are heading for a future where every mile is tracked and logged by the insurer - even getting to the point of knowing who the driver is.
Today car insurance is still based on ‘Uberrima fides’ - utmost good faith.

There are many more vagaries within car insurance terms and conditions. You point out a few good ones. The ‘main driver’ condition is mostly ill defined and even harder to enforce.
I’m afraid we are heading for a future where every mile is tracked and logged by the insurer - even getting to the point of knowing who the driver is.
Today car insurance is still based on ‘Uberrima fides’ - utmost good faith.
I totally agree with you, I have stood up to insurers on two occasions, each time ending up in court and winning. They can be really intimidating but to be fair the judges gave them a hard time during the court session.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom