The Ultimate MG5 "Real World" Energy Consumption Thread

1000030296.jpg

I squeaked home last night on about zilch in the tank. I had around 40 odd% at lunchtime and fancied a coffee so I went to Dobbies Garden Centre in Edinburgh for my free monthly drink there to save some expense 🤣. Coming back on the M9 there was still too much power so I skipped the turn off and reached Stirling and back leaving a couple of percentage points displayed when I got home.
I plugged the Rolec in and went indoors to prepare my haddock dinner with teriyaki sauce and mixed salad.
I’ve just had a look on Rolec’s app to see the following still being reported:-

IMG_0756.png

I squeaked home last night on about zilch in the tank. I had around 40 odd% at lunchtime and fancied a coffee so I went to Dobbies Garden Centre in Edinburgh for my free monthly drink there to save some expense 🤣. Coming back on the M9 there was still too much power so I skipped the turn off and reached Stirling and back leaving a couple of percentage points displayed when I got home.
I plugged the Rolec in and went indoors to prepare my haddock dinner with teriyaki sauce and mixed salad.
I’ve just had a look on Rolec’s app to see the following still being reported:-

View attachment 26181

So I ended up having a walk around the Hospital loch in Ballachuilish then just drove home. It was such a fabulous day and evening. Traffic’s been very thin on the ground. The car has been fantastic- fully balanced 100% -245 miles charged and arrived back on 15% - 34 miles. The dashboard was showing an average of 4.4 miles/ kWh which is pretty good for an ev.

Left Bo’ness -
Odometer 25416
GOM - 245 m At 100%

Home to Tyndrum Journey
68m each way according to Waze

Arr Tyndrum
Odometer - 25484
GOM - 183

Tyndrum to Ballachulish Journey
31m each way acc to Waze

Arr Ballachulish village.
Odo - 25516
GOM - 152

Arr home. -
Odo - 25619
GOM - 34m At 15%

4.4 / 4.5 m/kWh

Attachments

• IMG_0766.jpeg
    IMG_0766.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 22
Had our first long drive of the summer on Monday, over to Norfolk and back and a total distance of around 160 miles.

Forgot to get the details of the first leg (60 miles), but the second leg (20 miles to the country house at Holkham Hall) we got 5.3 miles to the KwH! and our return of 83 miles averaged 4.3 miles to the KwH!!

Thank heavens for mildly warm weather! :)

I did my "standard" 15 mile round trip to the nearest town and back via the builders merchant, yesterday, and got over 5m/kWh without even trying. Normal mode and I only put KERS on 3 for the last 5 miles because there are a couple of useful bits of downhill bits.

The downside was I put the first scratch on the car.

I did my "standard" 15 mile round trip to the nearest town and back via the builders merchant, yesterday, and got over 5m/kWh without even trying. Normal mode and I only put KERS on 3 for the last 5 miles because there are a couple of useful bits of downhill bits.

The downside was I put the first scratch on the car.
Well done but commiserations about the “badge of honour”

I’m loving the warmer weather. 1000 miles in this month at managing 4.0 in my FL5.
IMG_1854.jpeg

And this picture is after my commute home. 26% to do 62miles 😀

I’m still envious of the PFL5 numbers getting posted on here.

If you want to feel better about it: add another 10%-15% to your numbers if you’re driving 17” wheels and B rated tyres..😉
I was supposed to get an SE as my company car but there weren’t any so got a Trophy. Couldn’t live without the front camera and heated seats now.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom