Tinted windows.

Isn't that what climate control is for?
Well I get my tints installed in 2 days. It protects my child from the UV, it keep my car cool in summer, even in the UK today it was hot in the car, and why use AC when you don't need to. Increase range and not have to breath that dry air in

In Australia, it's more or less a standard upgrade. All dealers offer it as part of the package with the car. I had mine tinted before I picked it up.

20210427_172442.jpg

Got mine done today

They look the same as the rears (not to say they are not) which on most cars are darker than 70%. Did you get 70% all round?

They look the same as the rears (not to say they are not) which on most cars are darker than 70%. Did you get 70% all round?
They're definately different. The rear is called Luna on the global tint website, not 100% sure what the % they are.

And that was only £230?! Did it include the rear/boot window too?
It was £220 however because MG5 wasn't selectable on their website I put the ZS down. I then explained that it was an MG5 and they said that's fine we can change it. I also got a price match with a local firm. When the guy turned up he said it was actually the wrong price and it was down as a hatchback. Still only had to pay £220 though as it was their mistake. He said that would usually be £270 which I thought would still have been good.

And yes it included every bit of glass except the front windscreen, as by law you can't.

Mine cost £250 all round, a bit of advice....I notified my insurer and it cost a bit more to include tints until the end of the current policy. I’ve just been looking for insurance as I’ve now had a renewal, was quoted £160 less by another insurer, when I contacted them to add the tints they bumped the premium up another £260!!

In Australia, it's more or less a standard upgrade. All dealers offer it as part of the package with the car. I had mine tinted before I picked it up.
Interesting- I think it must depend on the dealer- have had that before at Honda and Subaru but never mentioned when I bought the MG here in Hobart.

Mine cost £250 all round, a bit of advice....I notified my insurer and it cost a bit more to include tints until the end of the current policy. I’ve just been looking for insurance as I’ve now had a renewal, was quoted £160 less by another insurer, when I contacted them to add the tints they bumped the premium up another £260!!
Just updated mine and was only an extra £11 from admiral for the next 8 months

Had my rear windows tinted yesterday from global tint the guy did say it would take 7 to 10 days for all the little bubbles to disappear to me there seems to be a lot of bubbles my question is did any of you have bubbles like this and did they just go by themselves?

Had my rear windows tinted yesterday from global tint the guy did say it would take 7 to 10 days for all the little bubbles to disappear to me there seems to be a lot of bubbles my question is did any of you have bubbles like this and did they just go by themselves?
Ye mine have now almost all gone. Just make sure you don't use your Windows.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom