Trophy losing sun-roof and rising in price?

Arbee

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I was getting a quote from an MG dealer today for a ZS EV Trophy, and they said that there was going to be a change to the range next week - in particular, the Trophy was going to lose the sunroof, and go up in price - but if I ordered this week I could lock-in the current spec/price.

Does anyone know if this is true, or does this sound like typical dealer tactics to push the sale?

Many thanks if anyone has any info :)

Hi, this is true. I currently work at a dealership and the Trophy is loosing the sunroof. All orders made up until the 1st July will have the current spec/price. Once the new month starts, this will be in effect immediately.

Kind regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
From what i've read its the same vehicle as the current spec aside from the sunroof.

probably a bit of cost cutting and saving time in the manufacturing process

It might be a moot point... from what I'm reading MG are stopping orders for the EV cars in their range (MG5 and ZS). I don't know about the HS PHEV though.

From what i've read its the same vehicle as the current spec aside from the sunroof.

probably a bit of cost cutting and saving time in the manufacturing process
I did see on here someone said there dropping trophy connect and the trophy will have connect features

By the time we hit 2023 this'll be all you'll get, so you won't miss the sunroof at all...

Electric Car GIF by Canoo

Yes the Trophy is now the connect version minus the sun roof. Advised by my dealer earlier in the week but it will not start until 1st July and the price is approx. £500 extra. Does not apply to existing orders

Going to be interesting to see what the politicians that wants to ban petrol and diesel cars in ~10 years are going to do, when it is clear that the worst problem regarding the switch to electric cars is actually getting electric cars build and bought.

I think that EV's are going to be hard to get for years to come, and this will push the date for when they can realistically bad petrol and diesel cars.

And if that russian dude gets even more rowdy, this might be even worse, because then we need the raw materials for weapon production instead of cars. (And the Chinese will probably stop supplying a lot of stuff alltogether, as they seem closer to that Russian dude than us)

Going to be interesting to see what the politicians that wants to ban petrol and diesel cars in ~10 years are going to do, when it is clear that the worst problem regarding the switch to electric cars is actually getting electric cars build and bought.

I think that EV's are going to be hard to get for years to come, and this will push the date for when they can realistically bad petrol and diesel cars.

And if that russian dude gets even more rowdy, this might be even worse, because then we need the raw materials for weapon production instead of cars. (And the Chinese will probably stop supplying a lot of stuff alltogether, as they seem closer to that Russian dude than us)
The supply chain / semi conductor issues aren’t exclusive to BEVs. Many ICE models are also facing extended lead times. In the longer term shift away from ICE, this is a short term issue.

The supply chain / semi conductor issues aren’t exclusive to BEVs. Many ICE models are also facing extended lead times. In the longer term shift away from ICE, this is a short term issue.
Offcourse, the only difference is the manufacture of ICE cars are a lot higher.

If both ICE and BEV production is halved, this still means that a LOT more ICE cars will be produced.

The main problem with the shift might be that people will have to hold on to their ICE car for longer.

The lowering of emissions is not a "BEV exclusive" affair, a new diesel is A LOT better for the enviroment than a 10 year old one.

But then offcourse there is the production "pollution" that is also lower.

But with a global shortage of materials, and a big recession just around the corner, i think the rate at which we go from ICE to BEV is going to slow down, and people will have to keep their petrol and diesel car for longer than they would have otherwise had to.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom