Trophy owners with two tone roof. Did your roof come wrapped or was it painted?

Looked at my orange Trophy again carefully, and I'm pretty sure it is the wrapped version. I noticed the black roof looked a bit odd when I got the car (Dec 2022), then forgot about it. So thanks Lee for drawing attention to this - I'll take extra care in future removing bird shit off the roof!:alien:

Cheked my cars roof with a bright flaslight now, it's wrapped. Our car is grey the roof is black with no blue in it, but the rear quarters in front of the hatch has the blue in it. Is it normal to mix this?

Our car is grey the roof is black with no blue in it, but the rear quarters in front of the hatch has the blue in it. Is it normal to mix this?
Interesting. All the black areas on my Orange Trophy are pure black - there is no blue tinting anywhere. The roof and the black bit between the spoilers are wrapped - I'm not sure about the rest though.

My orange MG4 Trophy has a wrapped roof - definitely, because I saw the car prior to wrap, and it was my choice - sort of.
Just to explain, mine is a Ph2 Trophy, after MG had discontinued the two-tone roof, when I went to collect in early July - expecting a Ph1 model, I stated I wasn't happy, this isn't what I ordered, (particularly with orange I think IMHO completely orange is just too much, it needs the contrasting black) - to be fair to the dealer he asked would I go ahead with deal if he wrapped the roof (free gratis), and I was happy with that, also quietly pleased with the other Ph2 upgrades, so deal done and happy with it.
In terms of quality of finish to the untrained eye it's same as paint, and I believe it's good for up to 8 years if minded, so no overzealous washing, and if it does get damaged/tarnished it's only about 200 quid to rewrap so won't break the bank, tho paint would outlast it.
In general whether paint/wrap shouldn't make big difference, although if I'd bought car believing to be painted that turned out to be a wrap, not sure I'd be impressed.
Last point, when I returned to collect car post-wrap, I seen 3 more orange Trophys also with wrapped roofs, when I asked the story was told once mine got done and other customers spotted it they asked for same and even my sales guy agreed they looked better with it.

Iit’s Cars2 in Wakefield be careful I bought mine for cars2 in Barnsley and they were the worst dealer I have ever been to. The company is a ripoff shop, they had my deposit then didn’t care. Lie, cheat and mislead to get the sale.
Did they supply your car in the end ? Or did you get your deposit back ? 😟

Did they supply your car in the end ? Or did you get your deposit back ? 😟
No I got the car in the end but had to fight for the promises advertised deals but speaking to there head of customer relations James Grey.

It was the service at Cars2 which was bad. Karl who did the hand over knew nothing he did apologise as he didnt know the deal I did with another agent Jacob, but Jacob could not be bothered to do the hand and he got the short straw.

Thats say it all in my opinion about cars2 Barnsley

Last edited:
How much did they wrap - just the roof, or the top bit of the boot as well?
Sorry I somehow missed ur question, top bit of roof is already black, see before and after wrap pics, camera angle could be better.

Just as an aside I went looking earlier at some edges and discovered the middle door pillars seem to also be wrapped (as u open door the inside frame is orange)

Attachments

• PXL_20230831_222113322.jpg
    PXL_20230831_222113322.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 66
  • PXL_20230831_222125433.jpg
    PXL_20230831_222125433.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 58

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%