Tutorial for updating maps on ZS EV Gen 2 (avoiding mgmotor.eu)

I had ignition on and therefore effectively ready to drive. It might be possible in standby but I had plenty of charge and I wasn't sure if there might be a turn off time on standby.

I downloaded from the (https://www.mgmotor.eu/storage/map-data/maps.zip) site, but as I say it took a while. I've not noticed any major changes, but I think some roads are now showing as 20mph when they previously were 30mph

I had ignition on and therefore effectively ready to drive. It might be possible in standby but I had plenty of charge and I wasn't sure if there might be a turn off time on standby.

I downloaded from the (https://www.mgmotor.eu/storage/map-data/maps.zip) site, but as I say it took a while. I've not noticed any major changes, but I think some roads are now showing as 20mph when they previously were 30mph
Another question on maps - the version I'm downloading is from German MG website but there are two options - for Comfort or for Luxury version of the car.. mine is ZS Trophy standard range, any idea is that comfort or luxury in the rest of Europe?

Clicking on the link above simply started the download with no options. Mine is a ZS Trophy Long Range ... but I cannot imagine the range would affect the map data - but willing to be proved wrong!

The map link comes from the attached PDF, which is available by following this link and entering your VIN number. User manuals

Attachments

• MAP-Data-Update-for-EZS-MCE-LUX-and-MG4-LUX2-15.26.44.pdf
    211.5 KB · Views: 41
The link in the pdf is the same as the one I referenced above. I didn't have to put a VIN to access the files. Seems strange that you did?

The first time I did this was in April last year following a link on page 2 (the same pdf i just posted)

I was just posting that if you don't trust any of the links, that you can get a genuine untouched version by entering your VIN at the user manuals link above.
It gives the map update pdf as well as a couple of other manuals.

There's always a slim chance that a link to a .zip file could have been compromised.

So, I downloaded from German MG website inserting VIN number (the other EU website also asked for it), took about 30 min to download zip folder, another 20 to copy extracted map folder to formatted 32GB memory card, and then following instructions took almost 5 min for the car to read the card contents ... Instructions say to get the car into ready mode and in P. Then it's just a matter of clicking few buttons in the screen and it takes another 20 min to install... Then restart and that's it. Date is 2023 Q3. I downloaded Luxury version which should be Trophy in the UK. No idea what and why would be different for the two versions of ZS...

The update zip file is the same, you just get a different PDF depending on your choice. I guess the UI differs between Luxury and Comfort, because Comfort doesn't have the connected features.

The german "Luxury" trim is more or less equivalent to the UK's "Trophy Connect".

Hallo all, new owner with first post/question. Bought a new ZS EV Luxury/Long Range in Portugal last week. The Nav software was 21Q3 and so trying to update to the most recent. On mgmotor.eu it seems that 23Q1 is the latest, so downloaded that. The car recognises the USB and the nav update, but in the next step shows this (see below). Any ideas? I use CarPlay but as a nerd, want the latest nav software too ;) Thanks in advance.
View attachment 25379
An update: I have now updated to 2023Q3 successfully. After multiple attempts using a Mac and all the above suggestions, I managed to get hold of a Windows computer and the update worked immediately. I used the same USB stick, formatted in the same way (64 Gb, ExFat).

Hello, any idea why in my case there is only one sellection for update (MCU) and no selection for map update?
My maps are TELEVNAV and the version is HERE (something) from 2022.

(Sorry that I repost it here from other thread, the other seems to be dead)

need a bit more information, what is your ZS model and have you tried following instructions posted above ?

Hello Fred,

in Greece they call it ZS EV Exclusive. Not sure if it's the same with the Luxury edition from that pdf file.
To give you an example, in the pdf, there is 360cam (I don't have it) and also there is a selection Map & VR data USB Upgrade.
In the settings I have only "update" selection and nowhere map update.

Hello Fred,

in Greece they call it ZS EV Exclusive. Not sure if it's the same with the Luxury edition from that pdf file.
To give you an example, in the pdf, there is 360cam (I don't have it) and also there is a selection Map & VR data USB Upgrade.
In the settings I have only "update" selection and nowhere map update.

Is it first model ZS or new model ZS after 2022 that you have? Exclusive was used for earlier version of ZS?

I updated my maps recently with "Luxury" download but need to go back into the screen to remind myself what is that I clicked... I'll take some photos for you.

I don't think you are missing much, I went to the airport the other day and half the roads were closed for repairs. MG navigation had no idea about live traffic and where is the best way to take me... Google maps on Android Auto saved the day...

Is it first model ZS or new model ZS after 2022 that you have? Exclusive was used for earlier version of ZS?

I updated my maps recently with "Luxury" download but need to go back into the screen to remind myself what is that I clicked... I'll take some photos for y

I don't think you are missing much, I went to the airport the other day and half the roads were closed for repairs. MG navigation had no idea about live traffic and where is the best way to take me... Google maps on Android Auto saved the day...
It is bought brand new March 2024. The thing I guess is what the Greek dealer have bought to Greece... for example, it's just one edition, where only battery and color can be parametric. The rest are "as they are". There is no 4G (or 5G) option here, although there is an eSIM installed to work with iSmart app and the SOS European 112.
Although I always use Android Auto (that is not wireless in Greek version...) I will need the offline functionality of the pre-installed maps when traveling to countries around, with limited roaming availability.

It is bought brand new March 2024. The thing I guess is what the Greek dealer have bought to Greece... for example, it's just one edition, where only battery and color can be parametric. The rest are "as they are". There is no 4G (or 5G) option here, although there is an eSIM installed to work with iSmart app and the SOS European 112.
Although I always use Android Auto (that is not wireless in Greek version...) I will need the offline functionality of the pre-installed maps when traveling to countries around, with limited roaming availability.
This is my screen and there is an option to update maps, when I click on Map Update, I get second screen

Ask your dealer to help?

Attachments

• 20240430_203314.JPG
    20240430_203314.JPG
    238.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240430_204914.JPG
    20240430_204914.JPG
    332 KB · Views: 5
Traveling around Europe, I would really not feel safe using MG maps... Updated one is from last year, 2023... You can download Google maps on your phone if you don't want to use data abroad

Also, check some cheap wireless Bluetooth dongles for wireless Android Auto, it's not standard on our ZS either.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom