Tutorial for updating maps on ZS EV Gen 2 (avoiding mgmotor.eu)

User manuals - Recharge yourself not downloadable if you bought car your from saicmotors…VIN is not valid. Unfortunately this crap MG ZS navigation is problematic still in the year of 2023…
The MG satnav software in the UK, (hopefully no better or worse than the rest of the world) I have found to be fine, but as I say, if not use carplay or android auto.

The MG satnav software in the UK, (hopefully no better or worse than the rest of the world) I have found to be fine, but as I say, if not use carplay or android auto.
It is okay if you say about carplay because i mentioned about internal navigation service. if i paid 17.000 euro plus tax in turkey. I want good after sale service. But i see nothing good in after sale service...

If they don’t want us to use their nav in pro of using carplay, then implement a good carplay interface with SOC and car GPS shared with carplay. But neither updated maps nor good carplay. Shame

Not funny

User manuals - Recharge yourself not downloadable if you bought car your from saicmotors…VIN is not valid. Unfortunately this crap MG ZS navigation is problematic still in the year of 2023…
I guess you copy pasted the vin?
Try to type inn vin manualy, it will not work if copy pasted.

Bad news! MG has removed the map file so no one will be able to update from now on.

This brand is getting worse every single day…

They did this on the last update, removed the map file then a few weeks later the latest update was available. Seems to take them some time before the new update is uploaded.

@Vingnut: copy paste of the Vin works fine for me.

Try to type inn vin manualy, it will not work if copy pasted
if you copy paste, just delete the last character and then type it in and all will be revealed. :)

Not got anything to do for the weekend? how about a map update? just released Map+update+2023+Q1.zip and the version.txt file still reports as 2022Q2 🤦‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:
So, the file has been replaced by one called "Map+update+2023+Q1.zip"
But it is still the old 22Q2 file inside!

You couldn't make this up, the incompetance of MG is stunning.

Yes it’s a fake name, the original URL is https://mgmotor-shared.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/map-data/Map+update+2023+Q1.zip because a redirection, but the internal data is 2022Q2
1698437168325.png

I just updated maps on my 2022 ZS EV, they are now Q1 2022

This is how it's done

You now have the latest maps. :)
Thanks for this, appreciated.
However, this doesn't mention which country /region this might be for (I'm assuming UK maps).

Now having setup a free account, I don't seem to be able to navigate to exactly which maps & for what part of the world ... here we are looking for Australia (& I think hose maps usually include New Zealand). How do we find which maps?

Thanks

I concluded exactly the same - sadly, we don't have a Windows PC :confused:
Have never been an issue, see

Otherwise, just take a stick to an internet cafe or a hotel concierge & they will format for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
The map data is STILL 22Q2 202208040318.

I've asked MG Europe on their contact page when it is likely to happen.

My car recently went for its first service so I mentioned the updating of the maps (along with some other software niggles). The base navigation system did get updated, but the map remained 22Q2.

I know the phase 2 cars have an updated one, so it should be available somewhere!

There is a new version now
23Q3 202302280415_t

In the MG4 forum there's mention of a VIN code being needed.
I'll find out on Sunday when I give it a go.

Also for the MG5 and MGSZ comfort edition. Yes you do need the Vin number to download the correct version.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom