Tutorial for updating maps on ZS EV Gen 2 (avoiding mgmotor.eu)

My download was only 5 mins but takes ages to transfer think I used the wrong port on the laptop 🥴

Ok 1st problem I had you need to rename folder to maps the car don't like the download map update name but we are cooking now
Screenshot_20230201-191856.png

You right it's 22Q2 suppose it still an update
Screenshot_20230201-194202.png

Near my house there was a roundabout removed 5 months ago ish and it's still on this update

An interesting problem; Windows sees the archive as corrupted and won't open it. So I downloaded with my Linux laptop and it is extracting it with no problems.

I guess they put up the wrong update as today the webpage for Q1 2023 reports 'Sorry this page cannot be found'

Yep, tried that; also tried putting the files and folder in "maps" onto the root of the drive, putting just the 2 files on the root, all to no avail.
Strange; like I said the problem I had was the name of the folder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, just noticed it says "map" and not "maps". Just going to nip out to the car and try it.
Edit: Nope, didn't work. Oh well, not really a problem as I use Android Auto.

Last edited:
There are two versions of the update software, you have to make sure you download the correct one for you car.

I have messaged MG Europe asking why their map updates site say sorry not found for the Q1 2023 update webpage. Not holding out for a response to my message.

Further to all the previous very helpful stuff on the re-loading of the maps, following numerous attempts and a final success in getting the quarter 02/22 maps to load and work. I would just make the following observations simply to try and be helpful.

1) I ended up downloading the Maps package from the link supplied by Miles Roberts twice. The reason being the first time each time I tried to unpack it using a WinRAR. It gave a couple of check some areas during the unpack, which, although you could move on from the package was not recognised by the head unit in the car. Whatever you did. The second download completely cured that issue and the impact went without issue thereafter.

2) I found it was essential to unpack the map package to the root directory of the USB stick in the folder maps – update and having done that when finished rename the folder, the package was contained in just to maps. All lowercase.

3) having done all of that, when inserting the USB into the car. At first it appears that it’s not really recognising the package just saying faintly that it’s scanning the drive.

This process can take quite a long time depending on the speed of the USB stick and even with a high-speed stick, which eventually are used the scan before it recognised was probably getting on for four or five minutes .

Having done all that it loaded without flaw and took about 15 minutes in total before asking me to reboot the system. I know all of these points have already been mentioned, but not I think together so I think it’s best to follow that sequence because I was messing around previously quite a bit.

Hope that helps anyone know who is having a problem.

Hi
I'm owner of MG ZS EV Luxury 2022,
I can't to update Map , I'm always have md5 check error
i follow instruction
I have Windows 10 pc, i try 2 different usb keys FAT32 formatted
I check usb with only maps directory and md5 of whole rar is correctly, plz help me

I guess they put up the wrong update as today the webpage for Q1 2023 reports 'Sorry this page cannot be found'
Just checked the MG Europe website for the Q1 2023 update for the comfort edition and it is now working. Download is 15.1 Gbyte, so going to take a while to complete. I will update when it is installed.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom