Tutorial for updating maps on ZS EV Gen 2 (avoiding mgmotor.eu)

Thanks for info. What is the webpage address please
I am here in Germany and it always takes me to the German website. You need to put in your vin number then it will take you to a page with all the handbooks and other info on the cars.
You need to look for:
Kartenupdate Q1 2023 – Comfort edition
or:
Kartenupdate Q1 2023 – Luxury edition
depending on the car you have.
Click on the link below:-

Benutzerhandbücher

I am here in Germany and it always takes me to the German website. You need to put in your vin number then it will take you to a page with all the handbooks and other info on the cars.
You need to look for:
Kartenupdate Q1 2023 – Comfort edition
or:
Kartenupdate Q1 2023 – Luxury edition
depending on the car you have.
Click on the link below:-

Benutzerhandbücher
After inputting vin you get the links to the pdfs posted on here and those pdfs have a link that will always take you to the newest available update.

Last edited by a moderator:
After inputting vin you get the links to the pdf's posted on here and them pdf's have a link that will always take you to the newest available update
Yes I use the saved PDF link to go to the download website but it's always in German for me, probably because I am in Germany.
Just noticed if you click on the 3 bars at the top right hand side of the screen and scroll to the bottom of the side menu you can choose the language you want to have the site displayed in.

Finally downloaded. Map update is quoted as being Q2 2022, even though data folders seem to have been created in Dec 2022, Huh?
Well uncompressing now and will install tomorrow.

Map update is quoted as being Q2 2022, even though data folders seem to have been created in Dec 2022, Huh?
That's how it works any date after 06 is acceptable for Q2
But other manufacturers have been releasing Q4 and Q1 2023 about now MG seems to be like Motorola for updates

That's how it works any date after 06 is acceptable for Q2
Very strange, the update is quoted as being Q1 2023 on the MG Europe update website which would indicate that we will have to wait until 2025 to get Q1 2023 map updates?
Unfortunately we can't blame the Chinese for this as Here Technologies are an American Dutch consortium. Maybe because the consortium includes BMW, VW, Mercedes amongst others (they have got it in for the Chinese).
Here Technologies - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Hi
I'm owner of MG ZS EV Luxury 2022,
I can't to update Map , I'm always have md5 check error
i follow instruction
I have Windows 10 pc, i try 2 different usb keys FAT32 formatted
I check usb with only maps directory and md5 of whole rar is correctly, plz help me
I get the same message :(

Attachments

• IMG_2767.jpg
    IMG_2767.jpg
    457.7 KB · Views: 135
I've downloaded this file twice via post #105 on a pc and a mac and both times it says the file is corrupt and won't unpack.. Any ideas ?

I've downloaded this file twice via post #105 on a pc and a mac and both times it says the file is corrupt and won't unpack.. Any ideas ?
I had that problem with Windows 11, so I used Linux Mint on my laptop and it unpacked no problem.

Edit: You can run Linux on a Live session from a DVD or USB thumb drive.

I had that problem with Windows 11, so I used Linux Mint on my laptop and it unpacked no problem.

Edit: You can run Linux on a Live session from a DVD or USB thumb drive.
win7 belive it or not.

just tried to download again and now it's file not found, vua the link from the pdf in #105

I used WinRAR to unpack
And yes link down right now as there fixing the filename I would guess

Last edited:
Yes they have changed filename
Try

I have downloaded it and it's the same as before but with file name error fixed it seems to be unpacking ok (when I unpack I just drag the file in to desktop) and let it do its thing
It's just finished unpacking no errors

I've also check the links on the PDFs for comfort and luxury and they're the same

I used 7-Zip and it unpacked ok but haven't tried to install it yet as it is under 0 degrees outside -4 last night.

Yes, but you lose the infotainment screen for 15 minutes. I had to pick her indoors up from town when it was half way through updating. No issues though.
Thanks for info. 15min, that all it takes?

Guys, I’m still getting that md5 error message. Any ideas how to solve it? Many thanks

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom