Type 1 to Type 2 Adaptor

That's the correct type to get, although I cannot comment on the quality.

If you download and sign up to the Tesla app you can buy a high quality one that's future proofed by being 3 phase for £85 but is shorter, heavier and doesn't come with a bag

IMG_20221219_085055.jpg

Thank you Coulomb, I saw this one on Amazon, is it any good? A lot of choices there so want to make sure I am taking the right one.

Type 2 to Type 2 (7.2Kw) | 32A | Mode 3 | 1 Phase | 5 Meter | FREE Carry Bag | EV/Electric Vehicle Car charging cable & Plug-in Hybrid Charging Cable Model 3 https://amzn.eu/d/gD60VkS

Many thanks.
That is the right specification, type 2 to type 2, 7kw, 32amp 1 (single) phase. Length is up to you but 5m is the most common and easiest to handle.
Just google it and buy the cheapest you can, that one is not a bad price.

PS, re 3 phase as in the Tesla advert above, it is of no benefit to this car as it can only single phase charge, regardless of whether you have a 3 phase electricity supply at home, which is doubtful and it makes the cable heavier.

I've got a type 1 Rolec charger, bought an adapter to convert to type 2 which worked great with E208 and Hyundai Kona hire cars but I've just got my MG4 LR and it says cable connection not recognised. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom