Tyre pressure sensor malfunction not covered by Warranty!

davidmcn

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have a 20 plate MG ZS EV. Really like it. Bought 2nd hand earlier this year. In May the display showed low pressure tyre on front nearside. I blew all 4 tyres up. Warning icon still showed. Took it to Parks MG dealership. They charged me £52.80 for checking the tyre pressures and re-setting the warning icon. I thought it would have been covered by the warranty. Apparently not. I complained to MG and dealership without any joy. Same icon has come on again and message about the same tyre being underinflated. I have checked pressures all round. All are fine. Problem is with sensor. I am not paying another £52.80 which I think is a ripoff.
Love the car but this has put me off MG and Parks dealership.
Davidmcn. Scotland

I have a 20 plate MG ZS EV. Really like it. Bought 2nd hand earlier this year. In May the display showed low pressure tyre on front nearside. I blew all 4 tyres up. Warning icon still showed. Took it to Parks MG dealership. They charged me £52.80 for checking the tyre pressures and re-setting the warning icon. I thought it would have been covered by the warranty. Apparently not. I complained to MG and dealership without any joy. Same icon has come on again and message about the same tyre being underinflated. I have checked pressures all round. All are fine. Problem is with sensor. I am not paying another £52.80 which I think is a ripoff.
Davidmcn. Scotland
They have clearly not charged you for rectifying a fault here... It sounds like they have charged you for checking pressures and resetting the TMPS system. Sounds like that made the fault go away temporarily. Sure you haven't got a slow puncture? or is the TPMS showing a different value to thew manual pressure check?

Good point after inflating tyres to the correct bar/psi you need to drive for 10 mins some times over 15mph ish

I do believe tmps is a driving aid?
Screenshot_20220822_161119.jpg

Just a gentle heads up !
a non working TPMS is an MOT failure now 😉
You may want to get it sorted as your car is a 2020 one and it’s 2023 next year

Davidmcn. Scotland
I’d take it back and complain buddy that’s a lot of money to check pressures and just clear the fault when you could get a new sensor for that .

Davidmcn. Scotland
Have you had it more than 6 months ?
According to consumer law, any fault in the first 6 months should be rectified by the dealer.

Matter resolved. Dealer mechanic replaced the valve not the sensor first time round hence the immediate error. New sensor fitted and no further issues. All covered by warranty and courtesy car (cant stand the HS even though I love the look and thought I would) Thanks for the replies.
From another thread warranty fix

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom