Tyre repairs

Paid £24 to repair a slow puncture on one of my rear tyres a month or so ago.
Was that for a tyre on the MG4? If so, did it need anything in particular done for the TPMS? I’ve got a slow puncture in one of my tyres, so want to be sure what I need the repair place to know beforehand. Thanks

I had a slow puncture in MG4 from a screw embedded in the tyre, £25 later with a tyre plug (tyre had done 2,000 miles), tyre monitor highlighted the issue, once the garage had inflated it it still had a warning (not enough pressure) finished off the pressure at home with a foot pump problem sorted. No resetting anything. With the tyre removed you can see the tyre pressure sensors on the Schrader valves, I guess you would let them know that but many cars have this now so should be competent enough to sort it out.

Was that for a tyre on the MG4? If so, did it need anything in particular done for the TPMS? I’ve got a slow puncture in one of my tyres, so want to be sure what I need the repair place to know beforehand. Thanks
Nothing done at all - tyre taken off, plugged the screw hole, refitted, balanced and put back on the car. The valve and TPMS sensor wasn't touched so no need to do anything. I'm sure all tyre fitters nowadays are used to all the different systems across manufacturers so no big issue.

Nothing done at all - tyre taken off, plugged the screw hole, refitted, balanced and put back on the car. The valve and TPMS sensor wasn't touched so no need to do anything. I'm sure all tyre fitters nowadays are used to all the different systems across manufacturers so no big issue.
I had a slow puncture in MG4 from a screw embedded in the tyre, £25 later with a tyre plug (tyre had done 2,000 miles), tyre monitor highlighted the issue, once the garage had inflated it it still had a warning (not enough pressure) finished off the pressure at home with a foot pump problem sorted. No resetting anything. With the tyre removed you can see the tyre pressure sensors on the Schrader valves, I guess you would let them know that but many cars have this now so should be competent enough to sort it out.
Awesome. Thank you both, very helpful!

Once the tyre is up to the correct pressure it takes about half a mile before the system registers the change, so don't worry when you leave the tyre fitters that it hasn't been sorted!
Thanks again! All sorted with no hassle, fitters sorted the puncture, rebalanced it and put it back on the car in about 20mins. As you say, once I had gone a bit down the road it all registered correctly at 2.6 bar :)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back