Other than a scissor jack what would you use on the roadside to change a wheel, I plan on getting a space saver, however a trolley jack will be to big to carry as well in the boot.
Only thing I can think of is a hydraulic bottle jack, two concerns though. Stability and space between the jacking point and ground with a flat tyre.

The space concern should be possible to address with one or two (depending on tyre size) pieces of slant cut 2"x4" to drive the flat wheel up on to get the height required. Stability can only be adressed by using wheel chocks and be on flat and firm ground, plus one would need a steel or aluminum plate to set the jack on.

This setup should be possible to stash inside a space saver.

Oh, if one wants a scissor jack what about an electric one? Vevor has one rated 3t that might be ok. Or maybe better an electric 5t bottle jack from the same source?

Depending on the nature of the puncture - yes we can. I have a "tar string" tyre repair kit in the boot. I've used this type several times before (even on a motorbike) and it works great. (As long as it is a normal puncture - e.g. a nail/screw in the central 3/4 of the tread).

Depending on the nature of the puncture - yes we can. I have a "tar string" tyre repair kit in the boot. I've used this type several times before (even on a motorbike) and it works great. (As long as it is a normal puncture - e.g. a nail/screw in the central 3/4 of the tread).

What jack do you have so you can remove the wheel and repair, I’ve seen them used before and they look good

I've not heard of that. Sounds interesting . .do you have a link?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back