Unable to change screen from in call when using android auto or apple carplay

techy01

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Looking at buying new MG HS PHEV. Took for a test drive and very impressed except.... When a call was received and I had phone connected via cable it uses Android auto. The call is displayed on the screen and I could answer call all good, but I could then not change this screen to get back to any of the other controls such as HVAC navigation etc. It is just stuck on the in call screen. Went back today to test with wife's iphone same thing. Delaer tried his iphone, same thing.

I've not seen this on other cars I have test driven. Anyone else experience this and fixed it?

That is a problem a few members have experienced with android auto, I stick to just using bluetooth,
There are a few threads/post about AA dongle to connect the phone, not tried this so can't offer an opinion.
But don't let this minor thing put you off, its a really good car at a good price.

there is a dirty workaround and it concerns the * button on the steering wheel.
This is customisable , so when pressed it can do 1 of 3 things
Either go to the home screen ( so you see the radio satnav and hvac sceen) , go to the car setting screen or go to your phone ( i use this as i also use android auto and use waze , or my music)
So when a call comes in and you answer it then clear down , i press the * and it goes to whichever screen you have programmed it to.
To do this ( if i remember correctly) go to car > comfort convenience> other , then at the bottom of the screen you can change it there.

there is a dirty workaround and it concerns the * button on the steering wheel.
This is customisable , so when pressed it can do 1 of 3 things
Either go to the home screen ( so you see the radio satnav and hvac sceen) , go to the car setting screen or go to your phone ( i use this as i also use android auto and use waze , or my music)
So when a call comes in and you answer it then clear down , i press the * and it goes to whichever screen you have programmed it to.
To do this ( if i remember correctly) go to car > comfort convenience> other , then at the bottom of the screen you can change it there.
Does this work around work while you are on a call? I tried it and it did not work for me. Once the call is over I can go to HVAC, CAR or HOME by using the buttons on the dash. It is only while I am on a call I cannot access anything.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom