Using Tesla Superchargers with my ZS EV

I checked my Tesla app. When you choose the charging post you want to charge from the post on the phone you selected turns blue. From your posted image I don't see the post you selected highlighted in blue.
So the app seems not to be working correctly or you didn't select the charging post from the app.

Really ? ...

Attachments

• IMG_5551.jpeg
    IMG_5551.jpeg
    367.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5550.jpeg
    IMG_5550.jpeg
    520.7 KB · Views: 55
Need to know the EVCC version that works with tesla for mark1. Can any one with working charge on Mark1 post theirs. Thanks

Mine doesn't work
I have 1770124111 on the Thai app

Where do we find this out
There is a large thread here:

Project OBD2 - Mobile App v1.2.1 and later

Unfortunately, it's a very long thread, some of it is very technical, and there is little about how the app has evolved since its ZS-only days. The app is for Android only. But now it's in the Google app store, so it's a lot easier to install. If you have an Android phone or tablet and a suitable (not too cheap and nasty, doesn't have to be the most expensive or the very best) OBD-II dongle, you can now just go to the Google app store and install it.

For your ZS EV facelift to be able to charge from Tesla super chargers, it requires the following.
It needs to be a Tesla unit that has been opened up to accept NON Tesla cars.
Plus, it will require a software update from a MG main dealer.

So now I’m being told I can’t charge at super rapid Tesla charging points 😡
By whom mate ? ... show them my photos of my ZS mk2 charging at Tesla in Uxbridge I posted and ask them how that's happening then ? !

You also need to make sure that it's an 'open' Tesla charger (use the Tesla app to identify and unlock the charger where appropriate) ... you also need to get your MG dealer to plug your car in and make sure that all the modules are up to the latest firmware versions - if it's that new then I'd certainly stand my ground and insist they update them all foc as they supplied the car without them being on the latest version at point of sale. Unfortunately there is no 'easy' way to check the versions yourself.

I had all my updates done a few months ago (at my cost at the time) and Tesla 'open' charging works fine ...

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom