Using Tesla Superchargers with my ZS EV

By whom mate ? ... show them my photos of my ZS mk2 charging at Tesla in Uxbridge I posted and ask them how that's happening then ? !

You also need to make sure that it's an 'open' Tesla charger (use the Tesla app to identify and unlock the charger where appropriate) ... you also need to get your MG dealer to plug your car in and make sure that all the modules are up to the latest firmware versions - if it's that new then I'd certainly stand my ground and insist they update them all foc as they supplied the car without them being on the latest version at point of sale. Unfortunately there is no 'easy' way to check the versions yourself.

I had all my updates done a few months ago (at my cost at the time) and Tesla 'open' charging works fine ...
It was a Tesla charger for non Tesla’s I went to as someone else was charging there
I told him that u had charged urs up.

It’s like pulling teeth 🦷 Tbh.
Maybe some dealers are just avoiding applying the updates ?.
This was similar on the previous model of the ZS EV.
A lot depends on which dealer you use.
Some of the EV tech’s are better switched on than others unfortunately.

Some updates are regarded as additional features these the dealers can charge customers. I suspect this update falls into this category.

Others are essential updates and fixes, the customers do not get charge for this if car is still under warranty. Warranty repairs are financed via MG and many big jobs will need MG approval.

You can speak directly to MG to see which your update falls into

My dealers receptionist states there is a known issue with rapid charging on ZS EV (she was unable clarify if mark 1 or 2) and that they are waiting for clarity from MG in the matter.

I would just argue it that DC charging often fails, with many chargers and sometimes go in to fault mode and need battery disconnect. Mine has even needed recovery by AA on occasions.

I wouldn't advise mentioning Tesla network unless you want to pay for that specific update

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom