Vanarama Issues

Do we know if a single vehicle ordered through Vanarama actually has a build slot yet? Or is that just a pipe dream?

Funny, That would mean we have till end of June 23 extension, And if you look On Vanarama at the moment they are saying delivery July 23, Sounds about right, They are gonna do everything they can to not supply us with the car.
I'm actually starting to get really annoyed now, It's got to the point that they are actively taking the you know what out of us now, It's got to the point that it's not funny anymore and it's become disrespectful on there part.

Imho this is not good News for Vanarama, they have been telling customers that the grant is a definite no deal and their lease will increase. Some customers have made decisions based on this fact given to them by Vanarama and have cancelled their order. I would be peed off if I was one of those that cancelled and would expect some very unhappy people to be ringing up Vanarama to have a right moan to see if they will honour their original order.

Do we know if a single vehicle ordered through Vanarama actually has a build slot yet? Or is that just a pipe dream?
My mg5 is supposedly getting delivered on the 21st October. I have registration number from them as well.
I had a zs on order but phoned amd enquired about the mg5 and they had a cancellation so put my name on that.

Good news but i have not heard of a single ZSEV getting delivered or told a delivery date within 2022 which is concerning,

Order mid November would be expiring this extension mid May, latest update was April so lets see what happens, if Vanarama can not source it through Greenhaus than they have plenty of time to look elsewhere for these cars now, chip shortage will not last forever and surely where grant is not applicable, MG can be persuaded by big dealers like Vanarama or Greenhaus to produce grant relevant cars as priority but would they do this , highly doubt it

The news released today from OZEV related to the extension of the Plug-In Vehicle Grant finally looks like some positive progress on this issue.

We are reviewing what this means for all our customers now and will call all those affected over the next few days to explain exactly what it means for you. Of course, any benefit will be passed directly onto our customers.

Andy Alderson

The news released today from OZEV related to the extension of the Plug-In Vehicle Grant finally looks like some positive progress on this issue.

We are reviewing what this means for all our customers now and will call all those affected over the next few days to explain exactly what it means for you. Of course, any benefit will be passed directly onto our customers.

Andy Alderson
That is well and good but is there any cars actually coming or we going to miss the extension as well? When was last update from MG and what was that?

Thanks

Andy Alderson
That's great.... also just for info my circumstances have changed since we signed the contract, my wife was giving me a grant of £70 per month but she has withdrawn it due to the delay. So I will only be paying £230 per month. I will send you am updated contract to this effect. If you want to cancel because of that then you can pay me £350 for storing your charger.

Thanks

Consider this development as a positive action.
The company are making themselves more available for feedback so make the most of the opportunity.
It goes without saying of course that exchanges must remain civil :)

Consider this development as a positive action.
The company are making themselves more available for feedback so make the most of the opportunity.
It goes without saying of course that exchanges must remain civil :)
I hope constructive dialogue between all concerned will happen.
Here goes:
Q.1 to Vanarama. When will deliveries start?
Q.2 Now we have an extension to the grant do We all assume our signed terms won't alter .
Cheers...

The rules here are the same as those at my other forum AVForums. They have matured over 22 years and exist to make the forum a friendly, welcoming, fair, spam-free community.

Providing customer support here would break our rules re representatives of commercial organisations referencing their own organisations as this inevitably is self promotional. Allowing this would open the floodgates to spam.

It usually takes years for a forum to grow to a size where commercial organisations are prepared to pay to engage with the audience. It took 4 years for AVForums. I started MGEVs 3 years ago.

In order for a member to post about their organisation and/or provide customer support here, they need to purchase the rights to do so by becoming a sponsor.
Doing so is an indication that they believe the community here is important enough to pay to engage with you about their organisation.
This is what Vanarama have done.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom