Vanarama Issues

That's great.... also just for info my circumstances have changed since we signed the contract, my wife was giving me a grant of £70 per month but she has withdrawn it due to the delay. So I will only be paying £230 per month. I will send you am updated contract to this effect. If you want to cancel because of that then you can pay me £350 for storing your charger.

Thanks
Does anyone think a statement like this is reasonable?
My experience is that a positive outcome to any situation is assisted by taking a reasonable approach. Chances of success are probably inversely proportional to the ridiculousness of a proposal.

I don’t know the circumstances of your particular situation, but I hope that you get a positive outcome. I hope everyone gets a positive outcome despite the absolute shitstorm that’s hit the motoring industry over the past year. The chip shortage and to a greater extent, Putin’s insane war have changed everything. We’re all taking a hit including companies who, with the best will in the world, can’t deliver on promises which were easily deliverable when they were made.
My better half recently paid £13k for a 2018 Fiesta. No choice. That’s what they cost. In what world is that reasonable? In the world of chip shortages and Vladimir Putin, it seems.

Last edited:
My experience is that a positive outcome to any situation is assisted by taking a reasonable approach. Chances of success are probably inversely proportional to the ridiculousness of a proposal.

I don’t know the circumstances of your particular situation, but I hope that you get a positive outcome. I hope everyone gets a positive outcome despite the absolute sh*tstorm that’s hit the motoring industry over the past year. The chip shortage and to a greater extent, Putin’s insane war have changed everything. We’re all taking a hit including companies who, with the best will in the world, can’t deliver on promises which were easily deliverable when they were made.
My better half recently paid £13k for a 2018 Fiesta. No choice. That’s what they cost. In what world is that reasonable? In the world of chip shortages and Vladimir Putin, it seems.
It's the same as the "proposal" Vanarama gave me and others...

The rules here are the same as those at my other forum AVForums. They have matured over 22 years and exist to make the forum a friendly, welcoming, fair, spam-free community.

Providing customer support here would break our rules re representatives of commercial organisations referencing their own organisations as this inevitably is self promotional. Allowing this would open the floodgates to spam.

It usually takes years for a forum to grow to a size where commercial organisations are prepared to pay to engage with the audience. It took 4 years for AVForums. I started MGEVs 3 years ago.

In order for a member to post about their organisation and/or provide customer support here, they need to purchase the rights to do so by becoming a sponsor.
Doing so is an indication that they believe the community here is important enough to pay to engage with you about their organisation.
This is what Vanarama have done.
Hi Stewert.
So when will Vanarama start responding to questions via this forum?

I don’t know the circumstances of your particular situation, but I hope that you get a positive outcome. I hope everyone gets a positive outcome despite the absolute sh*tstorm that’s hit the motoring industry over the past year. The chip shortage and to a greater extent, Putin’s insane war have changed everything. We’re all taking a hit including companies who, with the best will in the world, can’t deliver on promises which were easily deliverable when they were made.
Yes it is a valid statement. The issues you have mentioned are not valid when other customers are getting their orders fulfilled when they have placed orders way after Vanarama customers. When Vanarama customers are receiving a below par level of customer service. When Vanarama are not doing what they said they would do themselves. Your support for a company that has paid you money is obviously bias and you think you can relate to many upset Vanarama customers because your wife paid 12k for a fiesta???

Shocking!!

Yes it is a valid statement. The issues you have mentioned are not valid when other customers are getting their orders fulfilled when they have placed orders way after Vanarama customers. When Vanarama customers are receiving a below par level of customer service. When Vanarama are not doing what they said they would do themselves. Your support for a company that has paid you money is obviously bias and you think you can relate to many upset Vanarama customers because your wife paid 12k for a fiesta???

Shocking!!
Couldn't agree more.
" Come in said the spider to the fly".

War and chip shortage is for everyone. If i placed an order in Nov and someone placing an order in march gets it first, MG says dealer discretion, than surely something is not right. Would you agree with that?

Shocking!!
I couldn't have put it better myself. The bias towards Vanarama by Stuart and not the customers is evident in this case.

The excuse of wars and chip shortages can only go so far, but our major gripe on here is that cars are being delivered to customers who ordered months and months after us, to date Vanarama hasn't given us a proper solid answer why this is the case.

And to rub salt into our wounds the loss of the £2,500 grant is thrown entirely back on the customers even though we got the corporate b*****t that they have worked hard with partners to give us the best deal. Even though our deals were increased by £2,500, so didn't take a penny on themselves.

So yes Stuart, we do find Assgoat's statement reasonable amongst this Vanarama customer service s**tstorm.

Agreed with the above. The frustration here is perfectly justified and does not purely fall on global events. To not even have a build slot or delivery time estimate with any substance to it is completely unacceptable and vanarama do not show they are making any effort to get answers for us from mg.

Hi Stewert.
So when will Vanarama start responding to questions via this forum?
I have no idea. Why would I?

Shocking!!

It's interesting how people read what they want in to comments rather that what the comments (clearly) actually mean.

I'm not biased in support of Vanarama. Wanting to move the conversation forward, I asked about the ridiculous comment from @Assgoat expecting sensible people to agree that it's ridiculous. Which it obviously is, whether or not it's mirroring your interpretation of what Vanarama have proposed. Instead, and to my surprise, people are supporting it.
Of course, I'm not unsympathetic to the frustrations (and other, stronger emotions) of Vanarama customers. This forum exists to serve you. You are my customers.
My point is that making unreasonable demands is going to get you nowhere and probably make you look like an ass goat.

Vanarama have become a sponsor so that they can respond to your comments. Enabling that, I hope, is going to be more helpful to you than not.
And you have wilfully, it seems, misunderstood my comparison, which I made to illustrate that car sales & leases are in an exceptionally unusual situation at the moment, which, I strongly suspect, is why Vanarama have been unable to fulfil orders. The reference to my better half (not my wife - see what I mean about misreading a post?) spending over the odds because of the current situation with car sales is relating to Vanarama, not Vanarama customers. Because I am looking at the bigger picture and trying to see the situation from the perspective of both sides. Which, I believe is the best way to mediate/solve issues between two parties.

And with that, I'm unwatching this thread and not dipping back in.
Good luck, everyone.

@Vanarama i think there are two fundamental questions here
1) delivery timelines. ETAs continually pushed back and Vanarama seem far behind retail customers which makes this issue unique to Vanarama.
2) cost. Many customers got an increased “quote” which was mostly explained by changes in grant eligibility. Recognising th government comms is hot off the press, when will you be able to provide an update on the impacts to consumers?

It's interesting how people read what they want in to comments rather that what the comments (clearly) actually mean.

I'm not biased in support of Vanarama. Wanting to move the conversation forward, I asked about the ridiculous comment from @Assgoat expecting sensible people to agree that it's ridiculous. Which it obviously is, whether or not it's mirroring your interpretation of what Vanarama have proposed. Instead, and to my surprise, people are supporting it.
Of course, I'm not unsympathetic to the frustrations (and other, stronger emotions) of Vanarama customers. This forum exists to serve you. You are my customers.
My point is that making unreasonable demands is going to get you nowhere and probably make you look like an ass goat.

Vanarama have become a sponsor so that they can respond to your comments. Enabling that, I hope, is going to be more helpful to you than not.
And you have wilfully, it seems, misunderstood my comparison, which I made to illustrate that car sales & leases are in an exceptionally unusual situation at the moment, which, I strongly suspect, is why Vanarama have been unable to fulfil orders. The reference to my better half (not my wife - see what I mean about misreading a post?) spending over the odds because of the current situation with car sales is relating to Vanarama, not Vanarama customers. Because I am looking at the bigger picture and trying to see the situation from the perspective of both sides. Which, I believe is the best way to mediate/solve issues between two parties.

Good luck, everyone.
Take the blood money from Vanarama and run.

You are so detached from this situation with Vanarama it's comical.

It's the same as the "proposal" Vanarama gave me and others...

Hi Stuart,
It didn't sit well with me, when what was clearly a major issue to ZS orders was shifted to this relative backwater forum on the MG site. Possibly with the hope we would go away. At the time it was cited that this effected all mg vehicles not just ZS. Clearly reading through our 24 pages this is not the case.
Could l please ask that our thread is now moved onto the main ZS EV forum.
Do you not agree that it is shocking that Vanarama have still not supplied one ZS order going back to Nov 21 despite other dealership and lease companies supplying vehicles? As an MG site I think you should be condemning Vanarama behaviour not endorsing it.

Good luck,

Good luck, everyone.
I agree it is a ridiculous proposal, that's why I made it. As it does exactly mirror what they have said to us.

However you seem to accept their proposal as not ridiculous some reason?

Interesting take on things. Obviously unable to justify why you feel this way so

Good luck, everyone.
I dont appreciate my post being called "ridiculous ".... unless you are going to call the proposal by the mighty Vanarama as ridiculous too? It's exactly the same.

However you expect that us mere peasants are just supposed to take it and pay more than a contract was agreed? Or be extorted into paying for an unwanted / unneeded charger to lie dormant on the wall?

Oh the war, the chip shortage, government grant blah blah. OK well...... cost of living crisis, gas and elec bills, interest rates blah blah. circumstances change so I am offering to pay less than agreed. How is that different form circumstances change so we are charging you more?

Hopefully the vanarama sponsor man will come and explain the difference to us non sensible people.

I agree it is a ridiculous proposal, that's why I made it. As it does exactly mirror what they have said to us.

However you seem to accept their proposal as not ridiculous some reason?

Interesting take on things. Obviously unable to justify why you feel this way so

I dont appreciate my post being called "ridiculous ".... unless you are going to call the proposal by the mighty Vanarama as ridiculous too? It's exactly the same.

However you expect that us mere peasants are just supposed to take it and pay more than a contract was agreed? Or be extorted into paying for an unwanted / unneeded charger to lie dormant on the wall?

Oh the war, the chip shortage, government grant blah blah. OK well...... cost of living crisis, gas and elec bills, interest rates blah blah. circumstances change so I am offering to pay less than agreed. How is that different form circumstances change so we are charging you more?

Hopefully the vanarama sponsor man will come and explain the difference to us non sensible people.
You won't get a reply he got his payment from Vanarama, probably delivery of a trophy LR in battersea blue next week and has done a runner.

Hi all.

Please see my TrustPilot review below, I suggest all do the same, let us keep the pressure up.

"Please go have a look at the forum below, please spend 20 to 30 minutes reading this before considering Vanarama:

Google "Vanarama Issues" and look for the MGEVS forum for a real-world experience by customers.

Trustpilot doesn't allow direct links or else I would have included it."

Hi Stuart,
It didn't sit well with me, when what was clearly a major issue to ZS orders was shifted to this relative backwater forum on the MG site. Possibly with the hope we would go away. At the time it was cited that this effected all mg vehicles not just ZS. Clearly reading through our 24 pages this is not the case.
Could l please ask that our thread is now moved onto the main ZS EV forum.
Do you not agree that it is shocking that Vanarama have still not supplied one ZS order going back to Nov 21 despite other dealership and lease companies supplying vehicles? As an MG site I think you should be condemning Vanarama behaviour not endorsing it.
Hi.
Stewart is not ( according to his last comments) looking at this thread.
Can I suggest you Ford to a thread he is monitoring and not ignoring .
Maybe ask also if Vanarama are to setup a thread relating to our issues. If so , when?

The thing is Stewart you said
In order for a member to post about their organisation and/or provide customer support here, they need to purchase the rights to do so by becoming a sponsor.

Well the silence is deafening, Thing is Vanarama know this thread is exists, So are Vanarama just taking the Michael out of us by now sponsoring the site.

Sorry but you can't say we are your customers and then go on to wax lyrical about about MG on your Podcast all the time and how great they are when they have already said they are blatantly ignoring lease deals and such for there own network, Am I not a customer.
You can't take money from Vanarama then put out a Podcast on the 3rd were your MG man in the know says that lead time is 42 weeks on a ZSLR and if I order now I'll get it next June/July and not expect some of your customers who have been waiting 10 months to not get wound up.

I noticed the bloke Dave finally got he's blue ZSLR, Did he wait as long as me and others have waited of there blue ZSLR's.

When someone asked when will Vanarama respond to questions via this forum you said
Well, Without trying to come across rude, If me and others are your customers, How about the next time you do a podcast you try to nail down the MG man in finding out why Vanarama and us are not getting there cars from MG, Find out by contacting your forum supporter why we, Your customers are not getting there cars.
Like Vanarama you know this thread exists and how much aggro it is coursing, Yet you, A man in a better position than pretty much anyone to find out what is really going on just sits on the fence trying not to upset the one that pays the bills and the one that gives content.

The thing is Stewart you said

Well the silence is deafening, Thing is Vanarama know this thread is exists, So are Vanarama just taking the Michael out of us by now sponsoring the site.

Sorry but you can't say we are your customers and then go on to wax lyrical about about MG on your Podcast all the time and how great they are when they have already said they are blatantly ignoring lease deals and such for there own network, Am I not a customer.
You can't take money from Vanarama then put out a Podcast on the 3rd were your MG man in the know says that lead time is 42 weeks on a ZSLR and if I order now I'll get it next June/July and not expect some of your customers who have been waiting 10 months to not get wound up.

I noticed the bloke Dave finally got he's blue ZSLR, Did he wait as long as me and others have waited of there blue ZSLR's.

When someone asked when will Vanarama respond to questions via this forum you said

Well, Without trying to come across rude, If me and others are your customers, How about the next time you do a podcast you try to nail down the MG man in finding out why Vanarama and us are not getting there cars from MG, Find out by contacting your forum supporter why we, Your customers are not getting there cars.
Like Vanarama you know this thread exists and how much aggro it is coursing, Yet you, A man in a better position than pretty much anyone to find out what is really going on just sits on the fence trying not to upset the one that pays the bills and the one that gives content.
Spot on good sir. I feel like this guy trying to defend a vanarama sponsor is like truss trying to defend the abolition of the 45% tax rate for high earners. Never gonna land well!

Anyone just got this? Promising?

Hi,

As you may have heard, the Office Of Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV) has announced that the Plug-In Vehicle Grant's delivery period has been extended by 6 months.

We are reviewing what this means for all of our customers now, and will call all of those affected over the next few days to explain exactly what it means for you. Of course, we will ensure that any benefits granted by this extension will be passed directly onto our customers.

Thank you,
The Vanarama Team.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom