Vanarama Issues

Anyone just got this? Promising?

Hi,

As you may have heard, the Office Of Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV) has announced that the Plug-In Vehicle Grant's delivery period has been extended by 6 months.

We are reviewing what this means for all of our customers now, and will call all of those affected over the next few days to explain exactly what it means for you. Of course, we will ensure that any benefits granted by this extension will be passed directly onto our customers.

Thank you,
The Vanarama Team.
Literally a minute ago.

So if my order, to MG, was placed the same day I made it I'm looking at mid June '23 before I lose the grant. Always the possibility they placed it a few weeks later, as it was close to Xmas, so may even be end of June, mid July...

Anyone just got this? Promising?

Hi,

As you may have heard, the Office Of Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV) has announced that the Plug-In Vehicle Grant's delivery period has been extended by 6 months.

We are reviewing what this means for all of our customers now, and will call all of those affected over the next few days to explain exactly what it means for you. Of course, we will ensure that any benefits granted by this extension will be passed directly onto our customers.

Thank you,
The Vanarama Team.
I got this text. As I was sitting waiting for my petrol ZS to be valeted, that we just purchased as we had given up hope. 🤣now waiting to drive off in a car I don't even want 🤣can't make it up.

If I was vanarama I would have put on the email "if your order is pending it will revert to the original terms as agreed."

Since it didn't say that, I am expecting some sort of horseplay to occur in the forthcoming phonecall / email, whereby I am still being ripped off in some way...

We will see.

If I was vanarama I would have put on the email "if your order is pending it will revert to the original terms as agreed."

Since it didn't say that, I am expecting some sort of horseplay to occur in the forthcoming phonecall / email, whereby I am still being ripped off in some way...

We will see.
I have that same feeling when we get the call in about a month's time.

Considering how popular and extint these MG's are and the high demand, surely residual price would have gone up resulting in a cheaper lease payment 🤣 (not dreaming or instigating)

Considering how popular and extint these MG's are and the high demand, surely residual price would have gone up resulting in a cheaper lease payment 🤣 (not dreaming or instigating)
I wouldn't worry you will be able to sign up for another black Friday deal soon

We will see.
We have been asked to cancel our order or agree to an increased price for weeks and weeks. We have outright refused at every point and told them we are not paying any extra or cancelling. We specifically said that we will wait until the last second as the grant may be extended. I feel sorry for all those people that were bullied into cancelling and it potentially costing them abit of money for the charger and then paying more out on a different car aswell.

Update. Just had a call from Vanarama.
Now the grant has been extended my original deal in now in play with no uplift. This includes the insurance etc. March is still the expected eta. They will allocate cars based on order date placed. They don't expect to get all 400 at once. The caller confirmed what we already know that MG will prioritise dealers before lease companies as they make more money. He didn't advise swaping to MG 4 as they are waiting to see if they are shipping at regular intervals before they purchase any. In my case I would pay an extra £150 without the insurance offer. He did say however the mg 4 is made at another factory which appears to output at consistent levels.
Nice chap on the phone and answered all my questions.

Update. Just had a call from Vanarama.
Now the grant has been extended my original deal in now in play with no uplift. This includes the insurance etc. March is still the expected eta. They will allocate cars based on order date placed. They don't expect to get all 400 at once. The caller confirmed what we already know that MG will prioritise dealers before lease companies as they make more money. He didn't advise swaping to MG 4 as they are waiting to see if they are shipping at regular intervals before they purchase any. In my case I would pay an extra £150 without the insurance offer. He did say however the mg 4 is made at another factory which appears to output at consistent levels.
Nice chap on the phone and answered all my questions.
Apologies for typo's and grammar. Wanted to send before going out.

... they will be increasing the prices anyway as its over a year since the order. So probably no one will get what they ordered at the price they ordered at.
Judging by @Spiderweb post above this is not the case. So apart from the ongoing delays that is a piece of good news!

How about Vanarama get a single car delivered before the 18 months elapses? Will be a great start

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone tried to see if Greenhouse would supply them a car quicker as a direct customer apose to a Vanarama one?

There are plenty of forums and Facebook groups all with customers that placed orders months, some cases 4 to 5 months, later than most Vanarama customers who I would presume most of us placed an order late 2021 that have had delivery some are also lease cars.

Just had the call from Vanarama, I ordered in late November 2021, so the 6-month grant extension takes us to May 23. Estimated delivery April 23. That gives them a 1 month's buffer. Let us just say I am not convinced this is going to work out in our favour.

Just had the call from Vanarama, I ordered in late November 2021, so the 6-month grant extension takes us to May 23. Estimated delivery April 23. That gives them a 1 month's buffer. Let us just say I am not convinced this is going to work out in our favour.
Silver lining…. Warmer weather for a bit longer to enjoy the acclaimed WLTP ;)

I ordered December, let’s see what they say when / if I get the call.

Issue here is they are not making an effort to get this resolved, neither are they giving us an actual update on what they have done.

They dont even bother getting back to us on any of these valid questions

We haven't had a call yet but I will be pint half full about hearing news that Vanarama are making calls at least to customers.

They are making calls, last call i was promised SE to start deliveries in Nov and others completed by end Feb as someone in MG had promised directly to Vanarama and to ignore April as that is Greenhou

November is not far so .....

Issue here is they are not making an effort to get this resolved, neither are they giving us an actual update on what they have done.

They dont even bother getting back to us on any of these valid questions
Exactly, the fact that Vanarama are taking orders for other MG's (MG4 etc) in the meantime shows they don't really give a s**t.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom