Vanarama Issues

I had a phone call yesterday telling me that my car ordered Nov last year would likely not arrive until after the government grant had expired. I am delighted to see today that Vanarama obviously have my exact specification car in stock (MG ZS EV SE long range in black). I am sure those nice people will be contacting me today to arrange delivery 🤔🤔🤔.
I said previously that it looked very much like Vanarama were running the clock down on are orders. Potentially because the grants/paperwork have not been kept up with. I think this is apparent now more than ever.

Well it's clear someone from Vanarama is lurking on here as its just changed to July 2023
Screenshot_20220902-075404_Chrome.jpg

I think it demonstrates Vanarama's continued dubious practice. Certainly will be part of the case I provide to the FCA if the car is not delivered in time to receive the grant.

If they increase my agreed monthly then I will also be making a formal complaint with the full intention of asking for a dead lock letter after 8 weeks to escalate it to the fca. It will then cost Vanarama over £500 in the pleasure of the fca just reading the complaint.

If they increase my agreed monthly then I will also be making a formal complaint with the full intention of asking for a dead lock letter after 8 weeks to escalate it to the fca. It will then cost Vanarama over £500 in the pleasure of the fca just reading the complaint.
Just had a phone call from Vanarama, they are now saying delivery is expected end of April possibly July (??) next year. What a joke, 17 months after order was placed.

So instead of offering you that black SE they have told you to wait another year on yours.

I spoke to them and they were adamant to Feb delivery on trophy long range, but i dont believe it till i see it, you call in 10 times and its 10 different stories

Just had a phone call from Vanarama, they are now saying delivery is expected end of April possibly July (??) next year. What a joke, 17 months after order was placed.
I’ll bet my mortgage that car is never going to turn up. Looking at how quickly the MG4 has been launched, I imagine the new ZS on the MSP will be launched early 2023.

Know what,This is simple really,We know they are trying to run the clock down,So let them, Don't cancel and go on like we never ordered it If and when it comes in take the car, By then they will still want the 450 quid and we'll be getting it for about 340-350 or so plus my free insurance and 250 quid cashback and rhat will still stick in the old wind pipe.
Or they say it's not available anymore and they have to cancel and can stick there charger money were the sun don't shine.

Tell me more about this? Please explain this process a bit more so myself and others can do the same?

I cancelled today! 🙁

They wanted to send revised paperwork with the increased cost - I declined. Car isn’t likely to appear this year and I’m not paying any extra. I held-off getting the charger fitted, so don’t need to worry about that side of things.

Disappointed I won’t be getting my white LR Trophy but I guess it just wasn’t meant to be.
Best of luck to all those who are going to hold on - hope you all get them sooner rather than later.

I cancelled today! 🙁

They wanted to send revised paperwork with the increased cost - I declined. Car isn’t likely to appear this year and I’m not paying any extra. I held-off getting the charger fitted, so don’t need to worry about that side of things.

Disappointed I won’t be getting my white LR Trophy but I guess it just wasn’t meant to be.
Best of luck to all those who are going to hold on - hope you all get them sooner rather than later.
If you don’t mind, could you tel us how much extra they wanted from you?

Of course, £66 per month.
Thanks. At these prices I doubt it will be much cheaper than normal petrol/diesel cars considering the ev’s are dearer to start. When I looked into it at the start the cheaper electricity would’ve offset the price in car+petrol , not looking likely now.

Thanks. At these prices I doubt it will be much cheaper than normal petrol/diesel cars considering the ev’s are dearer to start. When I looked into it at the start the cheaper electricity would’ve offset the price in car+petrol , not looking likely now.

That was exactly my justification for getting one. I reckoned I would save between £60-£80 a month on fuel which offset the higher monthly payment (I was originally looking at about £250 a month for an ICE vehicle).

I can’t get on an EV tariff at the moment, and expected cost per Kw/h of electricity is 51p. My car can manage 50mpg which, given the current fuel prices, means it would cost about the same ppm to run!

Sorry, another question - when did you originally order the car and how much was the PICG?

Tell me more about this? Please explain this process a bit more so myself and others can do the same?

Has anyone from vanarama actuly received any cars yet? I can’t keep up with this thread and the shipping one 😂

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom