Vanarama Issues

They have stopped sending those monthly texts too not that they were useful šŸ¤£

Probably hoping we go away quietly

Is it me or has Vanarama gone very quiet, I was told I would be sent a new contract 3 weeks ago, and obviously still waiting (told them to send it, but I will still decide if I am going to accept).
Same here,Bloke i spoke to sounded like he was high up in the pecking order.
Wife said they can send it but she's signing nothing,We have a contract, And she'll decide if she's gonna sign it when the car turns up.
We are in no rush as we have 2 cars so we're just wait, No skin off our nose, And the way it's going electric is gonna be more expensive to run than petrol.
And we are absolutely not giving them 350 quid for a charger I don't need and didn't ask for, Waited in 3 times and cost 160 quid to have that fitted, So they can swing for anymore out of us My time is worth as much as there's.

Got an update from Vanarama, they are hopeful Nov 2020 orders will be getting built by jan/feb 2023 and delivered after april

Noticed other leasing companies have already started delivering theirs now. Wdh

Had the "sending you a new contract" call last night.

One thing they did say, and I didn't really pick up on it until after, was they're seeing deliveries of ZS EVs but I don't know if he was speaking generally or if Vanarama have seen some.

They will just accept no one in their right minds are paying anything for chargers without cars and just write it off (once the madmen have actually paid for it and are out the way).

They will make the money back 10 fold anyway by charging more for the lease to new customers who didn't get the good deal we got. A free charger makes it some what worth the absolute hassle this has been.

They will just accept no one in their right minds are paying anything for chargers without cars and just write it off (once the madmen have actually paid for it and are out the way).

They will make the money back 10 fold anyway by charging more for the lease to new customers who didn't get the good deal we got. A free charger makes it some what worth the absolute hassle this has been.
If only a 10th of the current orders cancel that's a ~Ā£14k direct loss for them (Ā£40k if you look at the full price).

Legally, and arguably morally, you're not entitled to a free charger no matter how sad the whole thing has made you.

I'm sure with the chargers the contract was with the installer, chargedEV in our case as it was them that claimed the grant money and it was them you paid if you wanted a upgraded/tethered charger so actually I don't think there would be much Vanarama could do.

But don't forget if you ordered during the black Friday deal you are still entitled to Ā£250 cash back and not forgetting your years free Insurance.

Both need to be taken into account when considering the lease increase.

If it is out of their hand and everyone is on the same boat than i would not have an issue, reality is that other lease companies are receiving their cars, vanarama does not seem to make any effort to get this issue raised or resolved with MG, they contact us to say November deliveries start and most orders completed by end of Feb and they are proactively chasing MG but now tone has changed and no contact with MG apart from initial contact, no further updates and car not even given a build slot till Feb 2023

Lack of effort and honesty is the issue, not the global shortages

If only a 10th of the current orders cancel that's a ~Ā£14k direct loss for them (Ā£40k if you look at the full price).

Legally, and arguably morally, you're not entitled to a free charger no matter how sad the whole thing has made you.
So it's morally OK to agree a price with a customer and then later on fire it up by 80 a month is it? As I've said before, would like to see how that went if I said "sorry circumstances have changed due to the delay so I will be paying you 80 a month less".

You crack on though and morally pay for a useless plastic box stuck to your wall for a year.

I'm sure with the chargers the contract was with the installer, chargedEV in our case as it was them that claimed the grant money and it was them you paid if you wanted a upgraded/tethered charger so actually I don't think there would be much Vanarama could do.

But don't forget if you ordered during the black Friday deal you are still entitled to Ā£250 cash back and not forgetting your years free Insurance.

Both need to be taken into account when considering the lease increase.
How does this need taken into account? The price was set accordingly including these things, that's why it was such a popular deal as it was very good. But to then say you accept the price going up by about a quarter is mad.

Anyway been through all this already, obviously other people's tolerance of what is acceptable for retailers to is way different from mine.

I'm a bit confused with this new contract, So what are there options if if you don't sign.

Well, Vanarama seem to have lost there morality compass, So they can't expect me or others to follow ours, And I don't want a free charger with nothing to plug into it, They can come and take it back, But as I and others have said it hasn't always been free when you take into account time and money lost with the installation.

They want us to sign another contract to say we will pay an extra 60 quid say, If we sign that they will chase us to the ends of the earth to get there money every month, Don't pay and there be on us waving the contract under our noses, Yet they seem to think it's OK to disregard the contract we have already signed because it doesn't suit them.

I'm not signing, I have a contract with Vanarama to supply an MGZS EV LR, I'll just ignore it and go on with my life, This is there mess to sort out and not mine, I'll just wait as long as it takes, What exactly can they do, Cancel it and I keep the charger, Cancel it and come and get there charger and make right my wall, Deliver the car and beat me with a garden hose till sign the new contract, The more I think about it there is absolutely nothing they can do, They have to swallow the loss on the charger or the loss on the car, Balls in there court.

So it's morally OK to agree a price with a customer and then later on fire it up by 80 a month is it? As I've said before, would like to see how that went if I said "sorry circumstances have changed due to the delay so I will be paying you 80 a month less".

You crack on though and morally pay for a useless plastic box stuck to your wall for a year.
The argument will be is that you have agreed to that scenario when you signed your lease agreement.

Now morally I think it's a conflict of interest as its in Vanarama that will gain financially if they dont fulfil our orders and prolong it to the point that we cancel and be able then to offer stock cars (once they have them) at a much higher price than what we agreed for them as some prices are currently Ā£150-200 a month more for the same car and terms.

It's very clear Vanarama don't have the buying power or industry influence that they claim.

The argument will be is that you have agreed to that scenario when you signed your lease agreement.

Now morally I think it's a conflict of interest as its in Vanarama that will gain financially if they dont fulfil our orders and prolong it to the point that we cancel and be able then to offer stock cars (once they have them) at a much higher price than what we agreed for them as some prices are currently Ā£150-200 a month more for the same car and terms.

It's very clear Vanarama don't have the buying power or industry influence that they claim.
That's the thing, I don't have to cancel, What can they do if I don't cancel and just forget about it.
To add, In my lease agreement in this scenario I didn't agree to pay Ā£350 for a charger I don't need cos Vanarama made a complete tits up, Like has been slipped into it over the last few weeks or so.

That's the thing, I don't have to cancel, What can they do if I don't cancel and just forget about it.
To add, In my lease agreement in this scenario I didn't agree to pay Ā£350 for a charger I don't need cos Vanarama made a complete tits up, Like has been slipped into it over the last few weeks or so.
So poeple are forgetting Vanarama are just the broker the company your paying and have a c9ntract with is the finance company (Hitachi in our case) and Vanarama use about 15 of them I think so when you signed the finance forms it was with the company providing the funds and in the small print are clauses that the finance company can increase the cost before or even during delivery of the vehicle or even cancel the agreement if it suits them.

I've gone through it and it's water tight.

Now obviously if we cancel they (Vanarama) are saying we are liable to pay back the govt grant that went towards the home charger being installed. I do thenforce this can't be enforced by Vanarama as I don't think it was them that claimed the grant money in the first place.

Now obviously if we cancel they (Vanarama) are saying we are liable to pay back the govt grant that went towards the home charger being installed. I do thenforce this can't be enforced by Vanarama as I don't think it was them that claimed the grant money in the first place.
Correct, the grant is claimed by the charge point installer, but whether Vanarama paid some additional money to the installer is unknown. If they did then that should be a contractual term between you and them directly.
FWIW OZEV neƩ OLEV rarely attempt to reclaim the grant from the installer in the event that the car purchase doesn't go ahead. The only time they do is in cases of suspected fraud which is clearly not relevant in these cases.

The fact that Vanarama have added these cars, just show that they don't care about the client and only about their own bottom line.

They can't even get a single ZS EV delievered, but happy to add another car from MG (whom they continiously blame for the entire mess).

They are absolute con-artists

1663922414602.png

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom