Vanarama Issues

Well in fairness, that's a mg one. They have been splitting production between the 2 models and dealers have had demo cars and limited stock being delivered from this week.

They want me to cancel because the same car under the same term minus the cashback and insurance they want £470 a month, Why in gods name do they think an MG is worth £470 a month.

And while I'm here as I don't know much about these things, I'm using Chrome and when I go to Vanarama.com the whole page is blurred out and I can't do anything, Is that some Chrome block thing or something or has Vanarama tracked me down.

They want me to cancel because the same car under the same term minus the cashback and insurance they want £470 a month, Why in gods name do they think an MG is worth £470 a month.

And while I'm here as I don't know much about these things, I'm using Chrome and when I go to Vanarama.com the whole page is blurred out and I can't do anything, Is that some Chrome block thing or something or has Vanarama tracked me down.
Its a chrome thing on your side only

What happened to CEO getting all friendly and procative from couple of months ago trying to humanize Vanarama by saying bare with us while we do nothing as usual 🤔

Other manufacturers have issues and delays but the delivery is based on order numbers and some pattern and dealerships chase up

MG seems to deliver to everyone but Vanarama which is odd and Vanarama has had one update as far as their reps are concerned

Can vanarama confirm why this situation and have they received any orders or definitive update on even a single MG and why are they still selling when they cant deliver a single one and have no idea when they can actually deliver

Template letter to send to your MP to ask for the OZEV grant eligibility timescale to be extended;

As a follow up; received a response from my MP and they've passed on the details to Rees-Mogg and will let me know when they get a response.

So I've just cancelled my ZS order with Vanarama they just have no idea when my car is even going to get built and are still estimating delivery of April.
I spoke to them about changing my order with them to an MG4 but at the moment they cant compete on price .So I've placed an order elsewhere.
I'm fully aware that others may have had a different experience but I have to say that they have been open and professional at all times and I'll certainly consider going with Vanarama next time around

So,Your paying the £350 for the charger.

Sorry,But there is absolutely nothing professional about the way they have conducted themselves were this is concerned.
Keep giving people dates they seem to have picked out the air, Saying I should count myself lucky to get a cheap wall charger.
The fact they still don't know what is going on or what to do about it, I'm just gonna wait for my car to turn up next year for the £260 my contract has on it.

Last edited:
No I haven't paid anything yet. I will have to pay full price for my charger I guess but the reduced monthly costs by leasing direct from Novuna rather than going through Vanarama pan out ok for me.
The irony is that Novuna are one of Vanarama's funders so the fact that Vanarama have not got this deal may be significant.

Sorry,But there is absolutely nothing professional about the way they have conducted themselves were this is concerned.
Keep giving people dates they seem to have picked out the air, Saying I should count myself lucky to get a cheap wall charger.
The fact they still don't know what is going on or what to do about it, I'm just gonna wait for my car to turn up next year for the £260 my contract has on it.
I can only speak from experience. I am completely aware of the issues many people have had. And some of the stories are horrible But I speak as I find.

Don't get me wrong, The people on the end of the phone have been good, We left a glowing Trustpilot review when we signed up.
But were this is concerned Vanarama as a company have been terrible, You have to remember they have left people dangling for near on a year telling them there car was coming on this date or that date and who had lease cars ending and all that.
When I ordered it was saying in stock, They went on to change it 4 times, They must have known the situation in April, But still they went on to tell us September 1st.
Were bid they get September 1st from, It's obvious they just plucked it out the air and had people wait another 5 months instead of just being honest and saying we screwed up.

I ordered mine in November 2021 and cancelled it in April 2022. I ordered a Dacia Jogger which was built to order and arrived in 12 weeks (trackable by dealer throughout production and transport). It's ridiculous that NONE of you have received your MG yet - WTF. The nonsense with the increases and chargers - 🤬🤯🤯

I had the zs on order from March. Phoned up and managed to get a MG5 ,getting delivered on the 21st.
Wasn’t my first option but looks decent enough. I have registration number so should definitely be happening.

I had the zs on order from March. Phoned up and managed to get a MG5 ,getting delivered on the 21st.
Wasn’t my first option but looks decent enough. I have registration number so should definitely be happening.
I won’t quite believe it till it’s getting reversed off a trailer outside my house 😂

Well, I never.
So, Dose that give me, Or Vanarama should I say till end off June to get me my car.
That is what I think, with my late November 21 order.

Awaiting the Vanarama call where they try make out they are the heroes in all of this.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom