Vehicle to load discharge cable

I just found out that on the german website, V2L is now only offered on the bigger battery, and on the UK site, V2L is not mentioned at all anymore. I wonder if MG already left out the inverter in cars built early this year. If they did, we're going to have problem, because I ordered a car with V2L and I'm going to insist on getting one...

Last edited:
I just found out that on the german website, V2L is now only offered on the bigger battery, and on the UK site, V2L is not mentioned at all anymore. I wonder if MG already left out the inverter in cars built early this year. If they did, we're going to have problem, because I ordered a car with V2L and I'm going to get one...
Would also be interested if V2L is still possible with new LFP Version. Mine will come in 6 Weeks.

Hello, first post here as I have had my ZS EV for a couple of weeks and tried the V2L capability yesterday and it doesn't recognise the adapter. I have a second different type on order but I imagine this will show the same result. I have just emailed the dealer.

Hello, first post here as I have had my ZS EV for a couple of weeks and tried the V2L capability yesterday and it doesn't recognise the adapter. I have a second different type on order but I imagine this will show the same result. I have just emailed the dealer.
I believe the ZS has a different resistor in the adaptor.
If you search the threads you may find more information on it.
Where did you get your V2L adapter?

Last edited:
Hello, i just got my brand new ZS Luxury ( small range 51kwh) in the catalog it says V2L is only available for the Long Range one but the feature seems to appear on the screen of the car. Finally, anyone found the solution to make it work with latest version of the car? Apparently my dealer has no idea about this topic..

Thank you !

I don’t have any, my question is more to know if I have a chance to have it working then I will try to have one or if it is already a failure

I've been using one of these adapters, AUD$32 from Ali Express. Very convenient, works perfectly (the front light is useful to confirm power) - I can just plug it straight into the charging port & maybe drop a power board off that if necessary, or attach it to the end of my type 2 charging cable, ame thing.

I use one of these, AUD$32 from Ali Express, works perfectly, either plugged directly into the charging port or attached to the end of a type 2 charging cable.

Taken the car camping, I've been running this electric cool box on full chat for the last 2 days, only taking it off at night. I've used 3% of my battery in that time! My car is lockable while discharging
May I know if the version of software on ur car ?

Please keep us informed (y)
As a further update to my last post, I have now had the car into the mg dealership and they have confirmed the issue and they have said that the wrong part has been fitted to the car during manufacture. They have ordered the part and are expecting it to arrive within a couple of weeks. The component was the ECCU can't remember what it stands for.

As a further update to my last post, I have now had the car into the mg dealership and they have confirmed the issue and they have said that the wrong part has been fitted to the car during manufacture. They have ordered the part and are expecting it to arrive within a couple of weeks. The component was the ECCU can't remember what it stands for.
That is great news !.
The problem with the lack of V2L access on some 23 model cars has been identified and discussed at some length in the V2L thread.
The EVCC is the Electric Vehicle Communication Controller.
Some ( most ) 2023 models have units installed that do not carry the V2L feature and are being replaced by customer request.

Different than what? As far as I know, all MG models use the same V2L cable.

@Anything or @Me Me Me
Has any of you heard back from your respective dealers yet?
I couldn't get a service appointment before July, so I haven't been to mine yet.
I followed up and was told they are still waiting for a V2L cable. Given the new information, I’ll be contacting them again this week. If I get the same again, and they don’t admit there’s an issue, I’ll be contacting MG Ireland. I hope to talk to the dealer on Tuesday.

Having the same issue with same error message and looking for suggestioned solutions

I've been using one of these adapters, AUD$32 from Ali Express. Very convenient, works perfectly (the front light is useful to confirm power) - I can just plug it straight into the charging port & maybe drop a power board off that if necessary, or attach it to the end of my type 2 charging cable, ame thing.

I use one of these, AUD$32 from Ali Express, works perfectly, either plugged directly into the charging port or attached to the end of a type 2 charging cable.
We purchased the same one from Ali Express. Arrived very quickly. Getting the same error message Ie. Port is currently being used for charging, even though it isnt

Booked in for the replacement of the EVCC Module on March 14th. The dealership has been trying to get the part for some time. (I haven’t pushed as hard as I would have, if it had been the dealership’s fault.) I’ll post again once it’s installed and I’ve tested it.

Booked in for the replacement of the EVCC Module on March 14th. The dealership has been trying to get the part for some time. (I haven’t pushed as hard as I would have, if it had been the dealership’s fault.) I’ll post again once it’s installed and I’ve tested it.
I’ve used the V2L a few times now, without any issues. It took around an hour for the dealer to fit the new EVCC.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom