Video player on MG4 - where to get .mp4 videos from?

Yes, I've been buying unlocked SIM free phones for around 15 years. So much cheaper in the long run. Last few years been buying either Motorola Moto G range of phones (now owned by Lenovo), or the POCO M series (made by Xioami)

Another fan of the Moto G8 but I have the Power version and had a G5 before that and a G3 before that. I like them because it's an unadulterated version of Android without "improvements" that the manufacturer thinks you need.

I've only got a Moto E5 play, which doesn't do a lot of this stuff. It's done all I wanted it to do for four years, but probably time to upgrade.

I upgraded to a moto g31(w) last year from my old g6 play to get the later Android software as I was having trouble with the connection to Android auto, this one works fine.

I downloaded carstream and Youtube works fine on Android auto, although the videos are small and I haven't worked out how to get it fullscreen yet.
Can you post a link to Carstream please.
Can't find it on the play store.

Anyway, back to my original question, it doesn't seem possible to get any .mp4 videos to put on the USB stick to play in the car. Not without DVD ripping software and most DVDs have digital security so can't be copied.

Anyway, back to my original question, it doesn't seem possible to get any .mp4 videos to put on the USB stick to play in the car. Not without DVD ripping software and most DVDs have digital security so can't be copied.
The right ripping software will deal with the security. There are plenty of DVDs that will rip straight to MP4 without problems, and there is free ripping software available. You just need to do a bit of Googling.

For playing Youtube google, AAAD and carstream.
For converting DVDs to MP4 google Hitpaw or Handbrake and MakeMKV

If you search for mp4 download you will find sites where you can find mp4's
Not exactly legal, but if you happen to own the DVD then what's the issue...
I currently have the Blues Brothers installed as my traffic jam backup

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel